DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the load out of the FB what arrangement of arsenal could be loaded.

I know it could carry the following:

Bomb Bay:

2 x 250lb

2 x 500lb

Wings:

8 x RP-3 I have seen images of 4 abreast and 4 stacked.

2 x 500lb

2 x 50 Gal Tank

2 x 100 Gal Tank

The question is what array could be carried?

I.e. Bomb Bay 2 x 500lb, 8 x stacked RP-3 and 2 x 100 Gal Tanks?

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

• 4 weeks later...
Not right now, I think the focus is on the Anton right now, with the P-47 close behind. But I am as eager as anyone to get in that Mossie :)

WOW JUG so soon, yes!:thumbup:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds promising (not promised), Man I am psyched for the jug!!!

Yes there is a company in New Zealand, I believe ,that rebuilt a combat veteran Mossie, and in doing that, having made the necessary wing and fuselage jigs, now are building new build mossies, using the original plans. I saw a very interesting post, and there are many you tube videos of them.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to see night fighter versions of the Mossie and bf110 with radar operators. Then add some AI bombers on each side.

Fun stuff.

Me too. I would even pay F-18 price for a fighter and night fighter variant of the Mossie.

• 3 weeks later...

Carried similar payload to Berlin as a B17

Was 100mph faster than a B17 at 400mph.

Twin Merlins, what more could you want?

Carrier landings Mosquito

Edited by Ibis
more info

That sounds promising (not promised), Man I am psyched for the jug!!!

Yes there is a company in New Zealand, I believe ,that rebuilt a combat veteran Mossie, and in doing that, having made the necessary wing and fuselage jigs, now are building new build mossies, using the original plans. I saw a very interesting post, and there are many you tube videos of them.

Avspecs, their FB page has the most up to date information

https://www.facebook.com/Avspecs/

PZ474 is the famous recent build.

This was her first flight

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• 1 month later...

Not much info recently on the Mosquito, I wonder how the old girl is coming along?

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I believe focus is on finishing the A-8 and getting the P-47 going, but the AI version of the Mosquito is starting to buzz the skies of our internal versions.

Thanks for the info.

So my understanding is the Mosquito will have a PFM but with simplified systems modelling?, and if it sells a lot of modules this may change to a full blown simulated module post release, right?

Also is it planned to have multi-crew on the Mosquito? if so that would be jaw dropping! and would be a first for the WW2 stable, it could well be a huge selling point for the module!

Either way a day one purchase for me, not been looking forward to a module so much as this one since the Spitfire was first hinted at way back!! :D

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Thanks for the info.

So my understanding is the Mosquito will have a PFM but with simplified systems modelling?, and if it sells a lot of modules this may change to a full blown simulated module post release, right?

Also is it planned to have multi-crew on the Mosquito? if so now that would be a first for the WW2 stable and could well be a huge selling point for the module!

Either way a day one purchase for me, not been looking forward to a module so much as this one since the Spitfire was first hinted at way back!! :D

No, AI mosquito is plane flown only by artificial inteligence, is not ment for players, i assume that, it has very little common with plane for players.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

No, AI mosquito is plane flown only by artificial inteligence, is not ment for players, i assume that, it has very little common with plane for players.

Yeah I know, I was talking about the one that will be released to us prob next year, not the AI one Sith was talking about.

Yeah I know, I was talking about the one that will be released to us prob next year, not the AI one Sith was talking about.

ok, but anyway it is hard to immagine for me, simplified module like mosquito, those planes are already simplified modules,99% of dificulty is to learn how to fly it, or learn how to use weapons by practising.

If ED put PFM in this plane it will be already full scaled module even when some systems will function automaticly.

Only start up procedure sometime problem but only for ppl which didnt read this part of manual, if they did read it start up is painfull easy in war birds

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor