DCS FC3 Questions & Answers Thread

Milene

Is there an upgrade path from FC2 to FC3 (discount?) to fly in DCS 2.5 or do I need to purchase FC3?

There is no discount or upgrade for FC2 owners. You can wait for the next sale to get it cheaper.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 months later...

Hi!

I'm new to DCS, though once I played Flanker 2.5 a lot. I'm not a hardcore player, but sims always had a small corner in my heart.

Lately I have tried a few still availabe sims and when I came to DCS I immediately knew that "I'm at home"! I was a big gamer around 1998-2005 but now I have only a mid range system (AMD FX-8320, GTX 950, 16GB ddr3), so I decided to start with the still availabe DCS World 1.5. Flying around with the Su25, high specs, 1080p on a single monitor, 40-60 fps, for me it's enough and the game is still beautiful! I decided to buy Flaming Cliffs 3 for the basic planes, but I'm confused with version compatibility:

1, Can I buy FC3 and use all of the contents with 1.5.8? From the 1.5 main menu it is accesible.

2, I saw by the "MIG-29 for DCS World" got an update and now requires 2.5.3, but says this plane is included in FC3. Means this that MIG-29 is not accessible in 1.5 anymore even if I buy FC3?

I have only a mid range system (AMD FX-8320, GTX 950, 16GB ddr3)

It's rather lower end for DCS (although RAM is ok) but I'd still try 2.5 with low graphic settings. You miss a lot in 1.5 - yes, there is FC3, Mig-29 included but with old flight model as was already said.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

It's rather lower end for DCS (although RAM is ok) but I'd still try 2.5 with low graphic settings. You miss a lot in 1.5 - yes, there is FC3, Mig-29 included but with old flight model as was already said.

Thank you the answer! At the moment this is not a problem. Important thing is that if I buy FC3, I didn't throw out the money on the window. Later if I hooked on enough and decide to upgrade my system than move to 2.5. But if I stay at the "flying one-two hour a week" level, than 1.5 with FC3 will be more than enough for me and the money what I pay for FC3 not going to waste.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

At the weekend I ceand up my my system drive (250Gb) SSD, and gave a try to 2.5 and I'm suprised! I was worried about my GTX950 because in 1.5 (high details) at the first mission of Su25T campaign, I had bad FPS average with big framerate drops. I thought maybe the 2Gb video ram is the cause. In 2.5 I set the graphics to medium and in 1080p, I have 30-40 FPS average even in the first campaign mission! Maybe 2.5 are more optimized, so I'm happy with that! My eyes get used to the 2000's graphics so even in medium it looks good :)

• 3 months later...
Are there any plans to include Mig-25 or Mig-31 as pilotable aircrafts?

Not by ED, but if we are lucky, maybe this Mod will se the light of day sometime soon:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=244919

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 months later...
Good to know!

Are the airplanes in MAC going to be better modelled than the old ones in FC3? I personally always prefer the more realistic versions with clickable cockpits, but I am not sure if I can upgrade my airplanes to the high fidelity versions, because I am using the Steam version of DCS.

Edit: I have read somewhere that ED made a contract with the Russian government promising to not create a clickable or detailed functional cockpit of any Russian fighter jet. Can anyone confirm this?

To start I already purchased separately the F-15C and The A-10A. I also own the F/A-18 and the F-16C. Got them all when they were half price.

I have been looking at FC3 so I can get all of the Russian planes I would like to try out all together and rather cheaply right now ($24.95) I might add.

however does this mean that buying them in a bundle means they are "dumb'ed down"?

I have been reading a section of post in here concerning none clickable cockpits, I'm assuming this means that not as many controls are available. Also seen a post saying the exterior graphics such as vapor trails and such aren't available in the FC3 versions either.

I am mostly interested in the Mig-29, SU-27 and SU-33 variants to fly.

Right now I can by all of them for 50% off.

Which would I be better doing? Which would give me the most content?

To start I already purchased separately the F-15C and The A-10A. I also own the F/A-18 and the F-16C. Got them all when they were half price.

I have been looking at FC3 so I can get all of the Russian planes I would like to try out all together and rather cheaply right now ($24.95) I might add.

however does this mean that buying them in a bundle means they are "dumb'ed down"?

I have been reading a section of post in here concerning none clickable cockpits, I'm assuming this means that not as many controls are available. Also seen a post saying the exterior graphics such as vapor trails and such aren't available in the FC3 versions either.

I am mostly interested in the Mig-29, SU-27 and SU-33 variants to fly.

Right now I can by all of them for 50% off.

Which would I be better doing? Which would give me the most content?

All FC3 aircraft are Standard Systems Modeling meaning the systems and avionics are simplified but not flight model. There is no clickable cockpit. Not that you have any choice here. There are no full fidelity versions of these aircraft.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/general/

The pack gives you best ratio of modules for money.

Some effects depend on a module like vapors or wing flexing.

All FC3 aircraft are Standard Systems Modeling meaning the systems and avionics are simplified but not flight model. There is no clickable cockpit. Not that you have any choice here. There are no full fidelity versions of these aircraft.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/general/

The pack gives you best ratio of modules for money.

Some effects depend on a module like vapors or wing flexing.

Are there any plans to edit any of the cockpit labeling to English?

Or do I have to start learning basis Russian..lol.

Once you download the aircraft is there a manual in the Doc folder that shows you what's what..other than the basic instruments of course?

F-15C is a FC3 module. It's quality is equal the the one of Su-27/MiG-29

I have to disagree. Mig-29 3D model is far younger and more detailed. It has some more switches and buttons animated. More - it has overwing vapors and wing flex implemented which the Eagle lacks. Being pure A2A platform F-15C is hardly a module that can show what FC3 can offer. The are more differences between FC3 aircraft like older flight models of A-10A and Su-25.

@msmith301: yes, every aircraft comes with full manual. You can choose the HUD language but for cockpit you have to install user mods.

Edited by draconus

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have several of the modules including FC3, but I hadn't actually looked at any of the air frames in FC3 as I wanted to learn the F-16C, A10C, F/A 18C first to a decent level. I decide to set up binds for the F-15 and go fer a whirl today and it was all good until the "right engine fire, right engine fire, right engine fire, right engine fire" and so on lol.

Sooo, I shut down the right engine (go figure) and headed back toward Khasab, but is there any way to shut the "Bitching Betty" up??

I just crashed into the Straight of Hormuz rather than fly all the way back to the the base with her yelling at me for the duration.

Sooo, I shut down the right engine (go figure) and headed back toward Khasab, but is there any way to shut the "Bitching Betty" up??

I just crashed into the Straight of Hormuz rather than fly all the way back to the the base with her yelling at me for the duration.

Right Ctrl+N, IIRC.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

just bought the FC3

Love it

Just the thing for people like me with limited time for gaming.

Having tried the helos in the FREE MONTH offer,

i really hope they release FLAMING CLIFF 4 helos and harrier.

that would be awesome.

• 6 months later...

TWS generates a track from each successive radar hit - there's memory and processing allocated to making this happen.  RWS on the other hand is all about raw data.  Note that are some things missing from RWS compared to the real aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Could someone maybe advise if there is a way to darken the HUD in MiG-29 or make it more readable ?

I found out that at max brightness of HUD (Ctrl+Shift+H) it is still unreadable on FullHD screen 20". I have already downloaded ClearHUD mod for MiG-29 and it is better but anyway I want to make it darker. There is no any file like material.lua and I am unable to figure out how to change it.