Hawker Sea Fury

MobiSev

The Sea Fury would be so sweet to have in game. It's my dream prop plane, an instant buy.

23409571_SeaFury1.thumb.jpg.0a0646d721d7e3420821b5a1481d3df4.jpg

1089437543_SeaFury2.jpg.6e9cda9f63387e8414e434a31d9931c5.jpg

1245381944_SeaFury3.jpg.e775a5de863c92b1dd5f111164fc91d5.jpg

377931066_SeaFury4.thumb.jpg.590e2db26c29066e0c2e31d6b71e4ce4.jpg

957339855_SeaFury5.jpg.7a6fd57666f1a36ee8d85793783c2e1c.jpg

80932090_SeaFury6.thumb.jpg.463d846f997fca00be92e782e27c7658.jpg

Edited by MobiSev
  • Like 2

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

+1

I'd love a Sea Fury & I believe there are a few still flying out there.

So the flight model data wouldn't be impossible to get................but far from easy

The reigning Reno Unlimited Champ is a Sea Fury.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

The race planes are highly modified and sometimes different engines.

Would rather have the Tempest/Typhoon Which the Sea Fury was designed from.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The race planes are highly modified and sometimes different engines.

Would rather have the Tempest/Typhoon Which the Sea Fury was designed from.

+1

The Typhoon would be fantastic to have :thumbup:

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Sure, I can appreciate why however the role of the Typhoon was significantly greater historically speaking, after the Spitfire IX it was the most numerous RAF aircraft in the 2nd TAF...

It is a much maligned aircraft and at the start perhaps deservedly so, however it would be nice if ED could reproduce the aircraft to a sufficient level of detail as to confirm and/or perhaps blow away the negative vibe that plagued the aircraft.

Sure it was a terrible interceptor above 20, 000ft however it forged a path for itself before Normandy countering the 190 and as a close support bomber was required during Normandy and beyond proving itself a very capable airframe.

I would dearly love to see ED and co bring them both to life!

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

As cool as a Tempest would be the Typhoon would be more important for Normandy. They were more numerous and definitely played a large role flying from the ALGs after DDay. I’d fly either but I think the Typhoon would be more interesting. Especially with its reputation of being beloved by its pilots but sort of seen as not quite a success in its intended role by most.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

As cool as a Tempest would be the Typhoon would be more important for Normandy. They were more numerous and definitely played a large role flying from the ALGs after DDay. I’d fly either but I think the Typhoon would be more interesting. Especially with its reputation of being beloved by its pilots but sort of seen as not quite a success in its intended role by most.

whats difrence between typhoon and tempest they look similar at first look

i know that tempest was fastes plane at sea level was used for v1 rockets interceptions

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Mainly the wing AFAIK, but I’m not an expert on either. I’m sure there was a number of smaller changes as well when they did the redesign.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

whats difrence between typhoon and tempest they look similar at first look

i know that tempest was fastes plane at sea level was used for v1 rockets interceptions

The main difference is the wing, the Tempest had a much thinner wing, which significantly improved the aircrafts performance.

The was a slight change in the airframe(21 inches) to allow an extra fuel tank in front of the cockpit on the Tempest, to offset the loss fuel tank space in the wing

The Sea Fury would be so sweet to have in game. It's my dream prop plane, an instant buy.

An instant buy indeed! :thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

No, the Sea Fury is the Navy version of the Tempest II.

The Tempest is a development of the Typhoon.

The sea fury is more than a navy version of the Tempest II it also a development from the Tempest II.

Tornado > Typhoon > Tempest > Sea Fury

Project IX Cockpit

+1

The Sea Fury is an awesome plane. I would love to have it even if we don't have a Korean War theater. We already have the F-86 and MiG-15, so why not? :)

Because this is the WWII Western Front forum?

The sea fury is more than a navy version of the Tempest II it also a development from the Tempest II.

Tornado > Typhoon > Tempest > Sea Fury

That is what I was saying

The main difference is the wing, the Tempest had a much thinner wing, which significantly improved the aircrafts performance.

The was a slight change in the airframe(21 inches) to allow an extra fuel tank in front of the cockpit on the Tempest, to offset the loss fuel tank space in the wing

The entire tail was completely redesigned since the tail of the typhoon would just fall off...

This is probably going to sound rude because this is text, but I don't intend it that way.

The topic is about the Sea Fury, therefore I am talking about the Sea Fury. If the OP goofed up on where they should create the topic, that's their responsibility.

Because this is the WWII Western Front forum?

Posted here bc we do not have a korean war forum. This is the closest thing we have to it, and it's a prop plane created very close to the end of WW2

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

That is irrelevant.

This is a WWII thread, the Korean war was predominately a jet war.

Project IX Cockpit

That is irrelevant.

This is a WWII thread, the Korean war was predominately a jet war.

well, get over it lol. The Sea Fury was a prop plane created very close to the end of WW2, and this is the closest relevant forum i could find that people would like to talk about it in. The thread will be moved if the mods deem it necessary

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

• 2 weeks later...
Would rather have the Tempest....

Tempest would also be an instant buy to me. I would rather have the Mk. II, but the Mk. V would also be great.

Modules owned:

There used to be a Mod of the Tempest, with the cockpit of the P-15D ... sadly it doesnt work anymore :(

noOVTIR.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 weeks later...

Instant buy indeed...!

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals