tgp track mode and steerpoint coordinates change on ded

dave76

i just discover that with a/g master mode mode on, bombs in ccrp and tgp soi, if you move tgp cursor it also changes steerpoints coordinates on ded page.....that i suppose to be ok if you have to change target; question is ...to avoid change lat/long of a target does the tgp be in point track or inr?:huh::huh::huh:

thanks a lot :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

Edited by dave76

I think both modes introduce this effect to the steerpoint.

At some point in early acces, the "cursor zero" function will be introduced, allowing you to eliminate the offset introduced by TGP or other sensor slewing.

edit: atleast, CZ seems to have been mentioned on the recently released roadmap for the F-16. Not sure about how it will be implemented

Targeting pod (target range indication, SP/CZ/TGT indications, azimuth indication angle indication [waterline with line], GRAY indication, north arrow, M mask indication).

Edited by Sryan

Check my F-15C guide

Yeah, steerpoint is the destination plus system deltas. Under most circumstances steerpoint is SPI and SPI is steerpoint even if some slewing occurs. You don't avoid this, at least not by using area or point track.

If you want to avoid introducing or changing system deltas then you need snowplow to utilize a pseudosteerpoint and temporary system deltas.