Locking on "A-A"?

seek

Is there a way to lock onto a target? I'm playing Offensive Basic Fighting Maneuvers in the Instant Action menu for the F-16. I'm pressing the A-A button and able to put my sights on the enemy. Now what do I do after that? I believe I'm using sidewinders. -Thanks!

The default command to lock a target is TMS forward. However to produce a lock in AA mode you need to have the cursor over your bandit on the radar. You can put the jet in Dogfight mode (switch on the throttle, look for it in the controls) to gain acces to auto-acquisition modes. TMS forward selects bore, and TMS aft selects vertical scan. If you enable the JHMCS, you can make the radar and sidewinder follow your sightline using TMS forward.

If you opt to choose dogfight mode, you need to return the switch to the central position to be able to proceed to operate the jet as normally.

Check my F-15C guide

Will there be an AA search mode for this, like irst?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Will there be an AA search mode for this, like irst?

The F-16C Block 50 doesn't have IRST capability. Other than that, we'll have normal RWS mode for the radar.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

IRL The TPOD is a giant IRST sensor in and of itself. All IRST is is just a big thermal sensor that scans around looking for heat sources. I'm just not sure if the Litening II had it, but I would be shocked if it did not. Its a simple program to run, scan left right up/down (to the horizon limit) just like the radar does if you see a hotspot in the air, lock on to it, or report it. Aircraft stand out AMAZINGLY well in the IR spectrum against the ice cold black of space.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).