Out of early access?

Recent announcement says the Spit is 'out of early access' and 'feature complete'!

And into what? Thought it has been in beta for well over a year now!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not according to the GUI it isn’t.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Yes, according to ED statement.

GUI is not updated yet.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

OpenBeta.

???

Sorry, I don’t understand your point. That’s the same with any update. OB first then release version a couple of weeks later if there are no major bugs whether it’s feature complete or not.

I noticed that it now has a release date in the entry in the store, so I guess it’s oretty definite now. ED just need to update the GUI.

Oh man :doh: ... Early Access means, you get to purchase the module early for a lower price, and download the module--'as-is'--until release.

Now the status has transitioned from 'Early Access' to 'Released'. Honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is about.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

There is no fuss, there is just a simple question. I am not asking what 'early access' or 'beta' or any other term means. Perfectly familiar with them, thank you.

I was simply asking about confirmation of the Spit being finally 'released', as the Weekend News post said yes, and the GUI says no.

How hard can that be?

And into what? Thought it has been in beta for well over a year now!

I guess they just tried to give an answer to that.

To answer the question if it has been released:

Yes, the Spitfire is now "feature complete"

The GUI is just not up to date yet.

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

Unfortunately it isn't out of early beta for us peons who purchased on Steam. I still don't have bombs, drop tanks, or clipped wings. They had said that it would be fixed by the next day, but I suppose it's a bigger issue than they originally thought.

Unfortunately it isn't out of early beta for us peons who purchased on Steam. I still don't have bombs, drop tanks, or clipped wings. They had said that it would be fixed by the next day, but I suppose it's a bigger issue than they originally thought.

Steam release is based on Steam's schedule and not ED's I believe as with most other games that are available on Steam and stand alone versions.

Spitfire is out of early access, but only on the beta branch. So you have to use use the beta to have it out of beta. Catch 22.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I understood that the issue was a problem with updating the Steam version, not whether or not it's beta. My Steam version does say beta. They did mention that it was coming to the Steam edition as soon as the problem was solved. But, as I say, I guess it involves a little more than they expected. Disappointing...but what can ya do?