Dedicated Server Script

• 1 year later...

This method (which I used up until today) on 2.1.1 is now officially broken with update 2.1.1.8491. The login screen doesn't have an autologin checkbox for 1 thing, but even after I click 'login' manually, it just sits at the main screen.... Form posting about it, https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=191919

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
It hangs in the main menu for me... same setup as the other two working 1.5 installs on the same system ... so i assumed it's broken
We're using on 2.1 for BlueFlag, I'd repair and then readd the lines. It's likely the mission name is wrong of the path incorrect for the mission

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Still not working. If i click manually through the startup steps (after get it started by one of the mentioned tools) without touching the mission list it works, so miz path cannot be the issue. Will try a reinstall next.

Just to check i inserted the snippet in the correct place :

function starts in line 324

function end_autorization(status)
   if (status == 200) then
       bAuthSuccess = true
       if callbackSetAuth then
           callbackSetAuth(true)
       end
       show(false)

-- DEDICATED CODE ADD THIS --
       local net = require('net')

local mpConfig = Tools.safeDoFile(lfs.writedir() .. 'Config/serverSettings.lua', false)
       local dediConfig = Tools.safeDoFile(lfs.writedir() .. 'Config/dedicated.lua', false)

if dediConfig and dediConfig.dedicated ~= nil and dediConfig.dedicated["enabled"] == true then

net.set_name(dediConfig.dedicated["name"])
   net.start_server(mpConfig.cfg)
          net.log("Starting Dedicated Server...")
       end
       -- END DEDICATED CODE --

else
       optionsEditor.setOption("miscellaneous.autologin", false)	
       bAuthSuccess = false
       if callbackSetAuth then
           callbackSetAuth(false)
       end
       if sError then
           sError:setVisible(true)

• 3 weeks later...
Still not working. If i click manually through the startup steps (after get it started by one of the mentioned tools) without touching the mission list it works, so miz path cannot be the issue. Will try a reinstall next.

Just to check i inserted the snippet in the correct place :

function starts in line 324

Sorry for the slow reply

Make sure to Start DCS from a shortcut with the flag --old-login added

If you dont use that, it skips the login prompt and the authentication part and therefore the starting of the server :)

Will add to first post soon

or from CMD like so:

start "" "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\bin\DCS.exe" --old-login

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I'm having a issue where the script starts loading the server correctly, but crashes prior to finishing the loading screen on 1.5.7.

However if I get the dedicated.lua to "false" and start it manually it loads with no problems, any ideas?

RAF Air UK Website

http://www.rafairuk-dcs.co.uk/

Mike Alpha Tango's YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9oKDSVDDDErRVjRFqgu3bA

Intel i7-6700k

RTX 2080TI

Gigabyte Z170-gaming K3

32gb DDR4 RAM

Hotas Warthog

CV1

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3333229&postcount=26

silence DCS crash report

Диалоговые окна системы сбора крэш-ниформации можно отключить (начиная с версии 1.5.8.12823.414), прописав в

\Saved Games\DCS\Config\autoexec.cfg

строку:

crash_report_mode = "silent"

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Auto server start with new login system

Hi guys.

The new login will work with the following modification of the MissionEditor.lua located in <DCS INSTALLAION FOLDER>\MissionEditor folder.

It is based on the script of this thread. You need the dedicated.lua file as described on the first post.

Search for the function onShowMainInterface() in the MissionEditor.lua Change it like the one below by adding the code from "-- START DEDICATED CODE" to "-- END DEDICATED CODE".

function onShowMainInterface()
--print("--onShowMainInterface()---")
   if tooltipSkin_ == nil then
       tooltipSkin_ = Gui.GetTooltipSkin()
   else
       Gui.SetTooltipSkin(tooltipSkin_)
   end
   prepareMissionPath()
   mmw.setLastWallpaper()
   openReturnScreen()

-- START DEDICATED CODE -  ADD FROM THIS LINE    
       --
       if grgFirstRun == nil then
           grgFirstRun = true

local net = require('net')
           local lfs = require('lfs')
           local Tools = require('tools')
           local mpConfig = Tools.safeDoFile(lfs.writedir() .. 'Config/serverSettings.lua', false)
           local dediConfig = Tools.safeDoFile(lfs.writedir() .. 'Config/dedicated.lua', false)

if dediConfig and dediConfig.dedicated ~= nil and dediConfig.dedicated["enabled"] == true then
              net.set_name(dediConfig.dedicated["name"])
              net.start_server(mpConfig.cfg)
              net.log("Starting Dedicated Server...")
           end
       end
       --
       -- END DEDICATED CODE - ADD UP TO THIS LINE  

end

function setPlannerMission(pm)
   planner_mission = pm
end

Cheers

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Thanks! I've been looking for a new place to stick this code that gets called on startup.

After Christmas I'll update the video and instructions with the new location.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

There's just one way, try it xD (1st post in this thread was edited end april this year, and Ciribob is a super dedicated developer, so yes, I'd highly assume it still does...)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I'm actively using it in a little Discord bot we're using to control our server, and it seems not to be working as intended anymore (DCS simply hangs at the welcome screen).

That being said, I just came back from a long work period, hence my asking. I'm in the process of fixing things left and right, and a lot of stuff has changed while I was away.

@DanielNL I agree with you when you say Ciri is an awesome guy =)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm actively using it in a little Discord bot we're using to control our server, and it seems not to be working as intended anymore (DCS simply hangs at the welcome screen).

That being said, I just came back from a long work period, hence my asking. I'm in the process of fixing things left and right, and a lot of stuff has changed while I was away.

@DanielNL I agree with you when you say Ciri is an awesome guy =)

Yes it works but you need to adjust with the edited scripts in the different posts. Should have been updated on post 1.

I’m assuming that the “Server Player Name” is the mission name is that correct?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.