Issue with pitch up/down random and when locking??

JIMJAM

With the Hornet cleaned up level flight I have always had a issue which I assumed was "auto flap" or other automatic configuration system kicking in.

Here is typically what happens. Say flaps are in the "up" toggle up position. Usually level but not always I will get a rapid nose up/nose down pitch up. IIRC the airspeeds are usually sub 300.

The visual pitch change is also accompanied with a audio rush of turbulent air which I assume is a rapid AOA change and also a decrease in speed. This issue is continuous, happen back to back etc but does happen every flight. After t/o and climbing out for example or hands off level flight with ap off.

I also noticed this issue happening when hitting the target lock button mapped to my WH. It is as if the aircraft is pitching up as would a radar or missile.

I did a quick check of all my bindings and the only one for that "lock", forget the exact terminology" was enter which I deleted.

Any ideas? If this has been covered previously I apologise. Thanks.

Edited by JIMJAM

Any chance that your speedbrake is deploying? This causes a pitch up and air rushing sound. Perhaps it is double mapped on your WH to deploy your speedbrake?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Sorry for the slow response but we are still cleaning up from the hurricane that came through. Last night I flew for a quick hop and noticed during the initial shallow climb out when I turned ON the radar the aircraft pitched up. I approached 2 known enemy ai and used the WH hat to scroll the targeting square and when I hit the "lock" button the aircraft again yanked upwards as if the plane were aquiring the target. The rapid up/down continued the rest of the flight even after turning OFF the radar. Try landing on the carrier with your Gear down/flaps/hook down and having someone throwing the speed brake/flaps on and off. That is the overall sensation and result yet no cockpit indication or external view shows any of this happening.

Guess it is time for a reinstall. Vanilla btw.

Oh boy . This one sounds like it could get ugly . I thought the speedbrake answer was brilliant , but your last post opened a can of worms . Haave you checked your controls in Windows/Control Panel/Devices ? . Not too much load on your USB bus power ? If you have another sim installed , have you checked normal operation there ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Have you checked your axis assignments to make sure you don’t have 2 controllers assigned to the same axis? Sometimes DCS does this, and the two will compete for control...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I flew for about 30 minutes and never turned on the radar or use any aa weapons. I only flew a few air to grounders using dumb bombs and NEVER had the issue. Whatever it is appears to be tied into the radar. I will try again later. Thanks for the replies.

Yeah Sandman I have iirc 10 modules along with the WH hotas and have seen some strange things. I will track it down and post it when I do.

Found it.

The throttle desig on my TM WH throttle has a unmovable hat switch "2nd over" that has a small depresible button which is what I was using for my target lock. It also "rolls" like a mouse ball 360 and for what ever reason was mapped to my "roll" axis. Never used it so no reason to look.

So any depress that had any movement other than dead on induced a roll input. Good grief.............