[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I'd like to add a constant rumble effect to the Hornet until the rpm type comes out. I see the .uvw editor but haven't a clue how to use it. Are there any instructions or help that will help me do that.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

General question, here... I've enjoyed a huge resurgence in sim flying since I started using an Odyssey in VR, and adding rumble effects is next on the list. Looking at the first few pages in the thread along with random sampling of the rest doesn't refeal a master FAQ on what's needed to start. Looks like purchasing the Sound Module and getting the free (donate ware) Simshaker for Aviators along with appropriate hardware is the proper path... is that correct?

Any advice for hardware to use with an Obutto Rev pit? The default seems to be a Buttkicker Gamer variant (or Mini LFE), but there's a pretty wide selection of transducers including Clark, Aura, etc. My main goal would be ease of installation... I'm not particularly handy when it comes to fabricating mounting systems. Cost isn't much of an issue.. Everything I see in the transducer space is a lot less than what I've spent on other sim gear. ;-)

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

General question, here... I've enjoyed a huge resurgence in sim flying since I started using an Odyssey in VR, and adding rumble effects is next on the list. Looking at the first few pages in the thread along with random sampling of the rest doesn't refeal a master FAQ on what's needed to start. Looks like purchasing the Sound Module and getting the free (donate ware) Simshaker for Aviators along with appropriate hardware is the proper path... is that correct?

Any advice for hardware to use with an Obutto Rev pit? The default seems to be a Buttkicker Gamer variant (or Mini LFE), but there's a pretty wide selection of transducers including Clark, Aura, etc. My main goal would be ease of installation... I'm not particularly handy when it comes to fabricating mounting systems. Cost isn't much of an issue.. Everything I see in the transducer space is a lot less than what I've spent on other sim gear. ;-)

You can use a transducer setup or a JetSeat...

I got an old HiFi amp for a few bugs, a USB soundcard and two Bass pump III transducers. Please keep in mind, that the SoundModule, a payware addon developed by Andre, is required for this setup...

I use both :)

New stable version 1.3.0.0 published. These are the changes:

• Remember window position
  • Spitfire CW added
  • Network handling reworked
  • Effect monitor added
  • Minor tweaks for P/TF-51
  • FA18 wheel blocking effect adjusted
  • Minor tweaks for DCS helos
  • FA18 WingFold effect fixed

Please report any issues!

Happy flying :pilotfly:

Hello f4l0, I installed the new version as prompted, and now get nothing from my JetSeat in DCS. Before starting DCS, I can run the motor test just fine, but once the game starts I get no vibration. I can see the experimental test screen showing the effects that should be playing, and the debug screen shows the correct model type and plenty of live data. I also have Tacview installed but I do not intend to uninstall it.

Hello f4l0, I installed the new version as prompted, and now get nothing from my JetSeat in DCS. Before starting DCS, I can run the motor test just fine, but once the game starts I get no vibration. I can see the experimental test screen showing the effects that should be playing, and the debug screen shows the correct model type and plenty of live data. I also have Tacview installed but I do not intend to uninstall it.

Hey Aaron,

if you see data coming from DCS, the connection between DCS and SSA should be fine. Does the new effect monitor show active effects? It can be found in the 'View' menu.

The best answer I have is... sometimes? Earlier in my testing, it worked fine, although I felt no vibration. Now, it says I have no active simulator connection.

00:48:31.866  SimShaker for Aviators  Version 1.3.0.0
00:48:31.871   ********** DCS World Open Beta version folder found in Saved Games ********** 
00:48:31.873  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: SimShaker.lua added to C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts
00:48:31.873  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportCore.lua added to C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
00:48:31.874  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: ExportDevice.lua added to C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
00:48:31.874  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: KeyValueStore.lua added to C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
00:48:31.875  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Network.lua added to C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
00:48:31.875  DCS.openbeta export feature setup: Protocol.lua added to C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core
00:48:31.876  local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua') call found in C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua
00:48:31.877  dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]]) call found in C:\Users\aaron\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua

The best answer I have is... sometimes? Earlier in my testing, it worked fine, although I felt no vibration. Now, it says I have no active simulator connection.

Strange, could you upload your export.lua? Or backup your export.lua and let SSA create a new one?

Why not take a JetSeat?

That's a... really good question. I'd assumed the transducer + sound module would be more universally applicable, but upon reading several reviews of the JetSeat it sounds like the more ideal solution.

I'm assuming the JetSeat flight sim mod version will fit the Recaro/Sparco style seats in the Obutto?

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

Received my JetSeat SE about a week ago and only have great things to say about the product, the customer experience with Andre and the Simshaker software.

Everything was very easy to set up, worked perfectly out of the box and feels absolutely amazing in VR.

Would highly recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Simshaker feature request:

1) An effect at the start of the Catapult on the carrier. Some sort of kick in the back perhaps.

2) An effect when aircraft speed on taxiing reaches zero. My brain still expects some sort of feedback as the aircraft stops completely and a Simshaker effect would be perfect for that.

Hey! I second those feature requests! Been feeling like something was missing on Cat Shots! That would be WONDERFUL!!

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I have the r3volution pit and buttkicker gamer2. Luckily I also bought the TM warthog stick mount for mounting between the legs, which is a great place to mount the buttkicker transducer mount. If I didn't have that, I don't know where a good mounting point would be since it seems to work best when the transducer is vertical.

Photo of my pit attached.

setup.jpg.04b3d9ebf8d66d43ede0ee5f37ae189f.jpg

New stable version 1.3.0.0 published. These are the changes:

• Remember window position
  • Spitfire CW added
  • Network handling reworked
  • Effect monitor added
  • Minor tweaks for P/TF-51
  • FA18 wheel blocking effect adjusted
  • Minor tweaks for DCS helos
  • FA18 WingFold effect fixed

Please report any issues!

Happy flying :pilotfly:

This is awesome news!

Thank you for adjusting the F18 wheel chocking issue!

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

Hi there, I've noticed in the f/18 that the ejection seat effect is not working for me - especially noticeably when you disable the canopy open/closed option. In addition to this, once ejected, i still receive inputs from the plane such as canopy being open. Is it possible to change the program so that once your in the 'chute' your no longer receiving effects from the plane you ejected from?

• Like 1

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In addition to this, once ejected, i still receive inputs from the plane such as canopy being open. Is it possible to change the program so that once your in the 'chute' your no longer receiving effects from the plane you ejected from?

+1

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The ejection effect is a bit tricky since DCS does not report that you are ejected or respawned... I'll have a look a this in the next weeks. Maybe I'll find a good workaround

I know it is only just released, but is there any ETA on effects being added for the Yak-52?

That's an aircraft where it is really needed and useful.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I know it is only just released, but is there any ETA on effects being added for the Yak-52?

I don't own the aircraft yet. It's on my radar but currently I'm extremely busy with some family stuff...

For Yak it would be incredible useful. Can’t wait to see it happen :)

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

f4l0, I was able to get SSA working again after a re-install. It seems a little touchy though. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

What's the purpose of the Generic Jet/Prop Settings? I haven't seen SSA work with any module that isn't specifically built in, so I get no feedback when flying the Yak, even generic.

I noticed yesterday that I lost the ground bumps during taxi but everything else is still working. Any idea how to get the ground roll bumps back?

Edit

Disregard, I reinstalled and it's working

Edited by gear_monkey

Win 10 64bit; 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram; ASUS MoBo; 1TB SSD;Intel i7 8700K; GTX 1080ti 11GB; Thrustmaster Warthog;Odyssey + VR

+1 on that. :thumbup:

Right now, the Yak is the only DCS module that not (yet) supported.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com