If you want VRFree Gloves when flying DCS.....

lasvideo

https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/102385542845985326590/6540561183225860450?authkey=CIit7u_m9sD7zgE

I am happy to report that DCS and the folks that make VRFree gloves are talking about having them work in DCS. If flying in VR with the capability to flip switches and turn dials will your HANDS appeals to you, let them know you are interested by subscribing to their newsletter. Before they start their Indiegogo program they said they need more folks expressing an interest by subscribing to their newsletter. http://www.sensoryx.com/subscribe/

:pilotfly:

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Very interesting product. http://www.sensoryx.com/product/vrfree_glove_system/

I subscribed twice. Once for each of my email addresses. Hope it helped a little.

Best of luck with this project.

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

Talking about and making it work are two different things. Good luck to VRFree and ED.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I’m in ill even invest thru kickstarter or indigo or whatever its called

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I love the idea of having gloves in VR, but attaching something to the front of your headset seems like a bad solution to me. Increasing the weight of a headset particularly at the front will put more pressure on your face. Hopefully they'll support Windows Mixed Reality built in camera's in the future.

Do they explain anywhere how touching the switches actually works? You'd put your hand in the proximity of the switch, but how to tell it to flip up or down? I suppose you would make a pinch gesture near a switch and then move your hand up and down? If so that would be amazing, particularly if it has some haptic feedback.

I love the idea of having gloves in VR, but attaching something to the front of your headset seems like a bad solution to me. Increasing the weight of a headset particularly at the front will put more pressure on your face. Hopefully they'll support Windows Mixed Reality built in camera's in the future.

Do they explain anywhere how touching the switches actually works? You'd put your hand in the proximity of the switch, but how to tell it to flip up or down? I suppose you would make a pinch gesture near a switch and then move your hand up and down? If so that would be amazing, particularly if it has some haptic feedback.

No haptics with these gloves. Requires much more involved tech and would most likely have a higher price.

Yep I subscribed as well!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Subbed, but I have to ask: What’s the difference between this and Captoglove? Despite requiring a sensor attached to the visor, are these supposed to be a better solution?

Probably best to direct this question to the folks at their website.

high time - finally

subscribed!

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Brilliant, subscribed.

ASUS Maximus X Hero; i7-8700K OC'd @ 5 Ghz; Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme 8GB; 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200Mhz RAM; 500GB Samsung EVO 960 SSD; Warthog HOTAS; Saitek Pro Flight Rudder pedals; HP Reverb VR; Realtus Forcefeel Game Pad running on SimShaker for Aviators software. :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

I’m subscribed do we. Know what the cost for early supporters will be?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

How about no gloves and built in hand tracking on gen 2 VR.

Hand tracking at 1:04

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

How about no gloves and built in hand tracking on gen 2 VR.

[/YOUTUBE]

:thumbup:

That's what I am patiently waiting on, Rift CV2.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What is the difference with leapmotion ?

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

What is the difference with leapmotion ?

There is no difference and all this need implementation by ED inside DCS.

My point is we already have hardware solutions for hands and with reasonable price, Leapmotion is around 50$, but without proper support from DCS not working well.

Maybe will work after VIVE controllers implementation because Leapmotion has support as Steam VR controller.

Maybe someone who already owns Leapmotion should test it already.

Test it how i have the leap motion but there’s no support in dcs

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

There needs to be some open standards in place. ED would be waiting for this space to settle down, just like with Vulkan api that ED will use now moving forward. Khronos Group is also working towards Open VR standards too.

What this means it should be easier for ED and other developers to implement the hardware, why do all this coding if hand tracking will be standard for the next gen VR? Or the guys with gloves etc, could possibly partly write code to this "VR standard" to make it less work for any apps to implement the hardware quickly.

OpenXR

"The cross-platform VR standard eliminates industry fragmentation by enabling applications to be written once to run on any VR system, and to access VR devices integrated into those VR systems to be used by applications."

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link