Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9 - Page 451 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 06:12 AM   #4501
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanab View Post
Hi,

Many guys ask, on the chat, for the rules about the blueflag server (freq, troop, task). It is possible to make an SOP update. Actualy, the pdf is about round 8 but we are on round 10 on gadget.

Thanks
There will be a new SOP soon. It's being worked on.

Regarding neutral mechanic - it works both ways. If a bunch of farps get closed - they can also be recapped quickly if you don't work together and have CAP patrolling after destroying it.

The neutral mechanic is also needed for when we run an actual round - a lot of bases will start neutral and it'll be a mad scramble to cap as the first part of the round

Red also have the advantage in capping due to the speed of the Mi8 and even with this change, the map has yet to be won by either side.

The last major change we'll likely be making is moving mirage to red as well and it may then be one of the few available to both sides.

We also have an updated map with many more targets ready to go as soon as the patch comes out, hopefully this week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:31 AM   #4502
derfritz

Two things:

The reason the harrier is vtol is so it can launch close to the front lines. It would be very cool to have the harrier at more farps, because at the moment Sabuli and Ambrolauri is too far away and it kind of takes away the advantage of using harriers instead of non vtol strikers from airbases.

Second: Why do we still have to fly at noon in summer? Most people think 2.5 looks way better with more interesting lighting and at autumn/spring.

All in all I'm having a blast in blueflag 2.5 thank you very much for your hard work!
derfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #4503
PeaceSells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
We also have an updated map with many more targets ready to go as soon as the patch comes out, hopefully this week.
You mean a patch for DCS and an update for Blue Flag this week?? Don't tease us like that!!

Modules I own so far:
Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map
PeaceSells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #4504
dedde01

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSells View Post
You mean a patch for DCS and an update for Blue Flag this week?? Don't tease us like that!!
I'm sure it's not gonna happen... BTW now from friday till the 21st I am on vacation in Greece, so I think they are gonna release it while I'm out just because they hate me

DCS MODULES: A10C Warthog ; F15C Eagle ; Mirage 2000k ; AV-8B N/A Harrier; F/A-18C Hornet; SA342 Gazelle

Mb:............Asus PRIME Z370-A ;
CPU:..........Intel Core i5 8600K @4.5 GHz ;
GPU:..........Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 8Gb ;
RAM:..........Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4 @3200MHz;
DCS SSD:....Samsung 850 EVO 256Gb ;
MONITOR:..Samsung 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz;

TrackIr 5; Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X; Turtle Beach PX22;

dedde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #4505
DieHard

We got any Greek guys here?

You could go visit him or her...
Old 03-13-2018, 03:13 PM   #4506
dedde01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
We got any Greek guys here?

You could go visit him or her...
We have the entire 373vS . Greg is also the admin of blueflag

DCS MODULES: A10C Warthog ; F15C Eagle ; Mirage 2000k ; AV-8B N/A Harrier; F/A-18C Hornet; SA342 Gazelle

Mb:............Asus PRIME Z370-A ;
CPU:..........Intel Core i5 8600K @4.5 GHz ;
GPU:..........Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 8Gb ;
RAM:..........Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16Gb (2x8Gb) DDR4 @3200MHz;
DCS SSD:....Samsung 850 EVO 256Gb ;
MONITOR:..Samsung 24" 1920x1080 @60Hz;

TrackIr 5; Thrustmaster T Flight HOTAS X; Turtle Beach PX22;

dedde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #4507
Dino Might

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
There will be a new SOP soon. It's being worked on.

Regarding neutral mechanic - it works both ways. If a bunch of farps get closed - they can also be recapped quickly if you don't work together and have CAP patrolling after destroying it.

The neutral mechanic is also needed for when we run an actual round - a lot of bases will start neutral and it'll be a mad scramble to cap as the first part of the round

Red also have the advantage in capping due to the speed of the Mi8 and even with this change, the map has yet to be won by either side.

The last major change we'll likely be making is moving mirage to red as well and it may then be one of the few available to both sides.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Do you anticipate AI fighters at all once the round starts? With the team imbalance as it is, Blue can run strikers completely unhindered for most of the day, and then just cap rush at night with the neutral mechanic in-place. In order for Red to capture, it is usually while still fighting multiple blue CAP. Wouldn't be an issue if odds weren't 5-10:1 most days, but I guess that's life. It will essentially force me to go Red side because I feel compelled to play the underdog.

Here's an example - blue right now has 24 players, 2 in helos, and they haven't even captured anything. But they can continue neutralizing everything, and then when Reds are gone, use just a couple of helos to chain-capture everything in a single reset. All Blue has to do is run A-10Cs against everything because they always have enough F-15s to cover them, and Red can either *sometimes* get enough CAP to slow them down but never try to capture anything, or get steamrolled when odds get worse than pictured. I would agree that the player imbalance is the primary culprit here, but the neutral mechanic compounds the issue, whereas before, Red could gun for blue helos to prevent them from capturing, and blue wouldn't be able to chain-capture 5 bases with one helo all in a single reset when no Reds were online.

One last question...any chance of F-5 on Red? Pretty please?
Put it in the "MiG-28" skin - would be amazing, though I understand the hesitation because that much awesome might completely turn the tide of our war.

I also want to continue to plug that this is my favorite server for the past 1-2 years (how long have you guys been at it?), and any whining or complaining is a reflection on me and my sometimes unreasonable sensibilities and not your work. Keep it up!

Last edited by Dino Might; 03-13-2018 at 09:00 PM.
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #4508
PorcoRosso86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Might View Post
One last question...any chance of F-5 on Red? Pretty please?
No please...Viggen is red, M-2000 will be red (Seriously?) also the tiger?
So why not the kamov blue? If you think, no exist helos like kamov on blue (and this is why we need an apache ED!!!)
BTW, Blue have the problem of the hidden buldings. Red haven't the same trouble? I see that a single su-25 with a single mi8 can capture easly many farps in a bunch of minutes. We need many times to bombing to destroy the hidden buldings and trucks-tanks.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #4509
Dino Might

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcoRosso86 View Post
No please...Viggen is red, M-2000 will be red (Seriously?) also the tiger?
So why not the kamov blue? If you think, no exist helos like kamov on blue (and this is why we need an apache ED!!!)
BTW, Blue have the problem of the hidden buldings. Red haven't the same trouble? I see that a single su-25 with a single mi8 can capture easly many farps in a bunch of minutes. We need many times to bombing to destroy the hidden buldings and trucks-tanks.
Invisible buildings is a problem for both sides - same bug, same issue. Have you flown the Su-25T and the A-10C in Blue Flag? I have played both sides many times, and I can close a FARP in a single pass with the A-10C, with a second pass to wipe out defenders to neutralize it. In the Su-25T, the best you can do is two targets in one pass, and you had better get both SAMs first, or you better get lucky with flares. Not even close. Su-25T takes much longer to close a FARP, making it much more risky with enemy CAP able to respond in time to stop it. And the Su-25T and Mi-8 combo can capture FARPs, but nowhere near as fast as you think, especially when fighting through multiple F-15s every single reset. Please, please go use an Su-25T and an A-10C on a mockup FARP in single player and you'll see the huge difference. It's not even close. The Ka-50 is a bit better than the Su-25T in rapidly engaging targets, but it must position itself perfectly, takes a longer time to get on station, is much more vulnerable to all enemy aircraft, and has a hell of a hard time killing FARP defenses that are hidden in the trees.

Mi-8 has a speed advantage, but honestly, the Red advantage right now is mostly because of coordination. Blue routinely has 4+ F-15s when no Red is even online. Blue only has two or three guys that will fly helos.

Giving blue the Ka-50 would be fine by me if Red gets the A-10C again. I'd even straight up trade, blue gets Ka-50 + Su-25T and Red gets A-10C exclusively.

As for the F-5, I hardly ever see any blues flying it anyways. Do you really think it's a balance issue? Seriously, I've seen two short F-5 flights by blues in the past 2 weeks. And it didn't do anything for them. Why would it be so bad for Red to get them? You will still only see them once in a blue moon, and your only fighter that needs to visual IFF is the F-5, which can only fight WVR anyways.

Last edited by Dino Might; 03-13-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #4510
PorcoRosso86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Might View Post
Invisible buildings is a problem for both sides - same bug, same issue. Have you flown the Su-25T and the A-10C in Blue Flag? I have played both sides many times, and I can close a FARP in a single pass with the A-10C, with a second pass to wipe out defenders to neutralize it. In the Su-25T, the best you can do is two targets in one pass, and you had better get both SAMs first, or you better get lucky with flares. Not even close. Su-25T takes much longer to close a FARP, making it much more risky with enemy CAP able to respond in time to stop it. And the Su-25T and Mi-8 combo can capture FARPs, but nowhere near as fast as you think, especially when fighting through multiple F-15s every single reset. Please, please go use an Su-25T and an A-10C on a mockup FARP in single player and you'll see the huge difference. It's not even close. The Ka-50 is a bit better than the Su-25T in rapidly engaging targets, but it must position itself perfectly, takes a longer time to get on station, is much more vulnerable to all enemy aircraft, and has a hell of a hard time killing FARP defenses that are hidden in the trees.

Mi-8 has a speed advantage, but honestly, the Red advantage right now is mostly because of coordination. Blue routinely has 4+ F-15s when no Red is even online. Blue only has two or three guys that will fly helos.

Giving blue the Ka-50 would be fine by me if Red gets the A-10C again. I'd even straight up trade, blue gets Ka-50 + Su-25T and Red gets A-10C exclusively.

As for the F-5, I hardly ever see any blues flying it anyways. Do you really think it's a balance issue? Seriously, I've seen two short F-5 flights by blues in the past 2 weeks. And it didn't do anything for them. Why would it be so bad for Red to get them? You will still only see them once in a blue moon, and your only fighter that needs to visual IFF is the F-5, which can only fight WVR anyways.
Totally agree about coordination. No problem about belancing with the tiger, simply I don't like to see many planes in the same front, I prefer to see a pure Reds Vs. Blue. This is because I'm new of BVR world, and for me on WVR the visual ID is the most important check, definetly I am a bit wary of the IFF
So could great, for add a bit of diversity vary between modern fighters map and map mig-21 vs f-5? What do you think?