Disappointing performance drop, 2.5 & 2.5.1

It's all good. My moniter has a 100hz refresh rate, but it's also g-sync so lower isn't necessarily bad. I can notice less fluidity at 60 fps than say 75 or higher. I'm not saying 60 FPS isn't enjoyable, but with a PC being part of my life for over 20 or more years now my eyes do pick up differences in framerates.

I wasn't implying anyone needs to chase a certain framerate. And admittedly - I overlooked brainfart being a VR user. I can't speak for it but I imagine the same applies to the resolution of a VR headset that it would to myself or a 4k user, that with current GPU technology a faster CPU isn't going to help. My wingmates that use VR however don't complain too much when we're flying DCS together, so with that 1080Ti you should be able to find settings that are at least playable currently.

And it sounds to me like we're talking what's required to feed your monitor if neither your gpu or CPU are struggling to run DCS :)

If I could get 100FPS at all times I'd definitely aim for it having a 100hz monitor. Sure less than 90 fps isn't going to make me nauseus My poor 980Ti is bottlenecking however, and I refuse to upgrade after only one generation lol. I mean, it took intel 6 generations to convince me I wanted a new CPU.

My apologies if I've gotten myself a little confused. I'll end this with saying - my frames aren't dropping below 60FPS atm with my current settings, and up high I'm well over. I'm content with that until I feel rich enough to get a new GPU.

Totally get it.. no need to apologize!!.. just seen so many issues with some perfectly capable systems... and for me locking to vsync or 60 fps solid in 4k MSAA x2 is great on the eyes and easy on the hardware... and all of my oc results have only really taxed the hardware with no real performance gains... so for now.. im just stickin with 60fps.

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Why is it so hard to get rid of the jaggies...I've never known this issue with any other Sim or game, especially with the hardware today. Surely this is basic stuff that should have been sorted before DS was considered, and definitely before being introduced. Emperors new clothes comes to mind.

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Why is it so hard to get rid of the jaggies...I've never known this issue with any other Sim or game, especially with the hardware today. Surely this is basic stuff that should have been sorted before DS was considered, and definitely before being introduced. Emperors new clothes comes to mind.

Not sure... it does seem to be quite apparent in DCS more than any other game ive seen though... hope they can implement a good AA..

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Is there any way to prevent the forum from logging you out while typing a reply.... :helpsmilie:sometimes im just not fast enough.. Lol..

Click on the (Remember Me button) when logging in. I believe this will stop you getting logged out.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Click on the (Remember Me button) when logging in. I believe this will stop you getting logged out.

Will give it a shot!!.. Thanks!!!

I did some trouble shooting today and determined the largest performance drop for me, well...the only performance drop settings wise, results from going from 2 x's MSAA to 4 x's MSAA. Slightly perplexing because on the epically resource hungry Prepar3d V4.2, I'm using 4's Sparse Grid Supersampling (SGSS) white extremely smooth and consistent 60 FPS.

Clicking from 2 to 4 cost me 15-20 FPS in game and there is still jaggioe city when looking at buildings, ETC.

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I did some trouble shooting today and determined the largest performance drop for me, well...the only performance drop settings wise, results from going from 2 x's MSAA to 4 x's MSAA. Slightly perplexing because on the epically resource hungry Prepar3d V4.2, I'm using 4's Sparse Grid Supersampling (SGSS) white extremely smooth and consistent 60 FPS.

Clicking from 2 to 4 cost me 15-20 FPS in game and there is still jaggioe city when looking at buildings, ETC.

yeah.. if you watch the GPU load between x2 and x4, it significantly increases.. and still has the freakin jaggies haha!!