ai is very unrealistic

allmighty1

flying against ai. seems ai can pull 8 g turns then go vertical without losing energy. is it me or is this a thing
This is a thing. There are a lot of threads discussing this for different airframes. AI doesn't use the same flight model as the players. So while they can't employ good tactics like a player their airplane outperforms player driven ones and they are not losing sight.

This is a thing. There are a lot of threads discussing this for different airframes. AI doesn't use the same flight model as the players. So while they can't employ good tactics like a player their airplane outperforms player driven ones and they are not losing sight.

thank you for the conformation. dug a lil deeper and saw that ed is soon to apply g effect to ai. hope it comes soon.

For WW2 birds and dog fighting I use to unplug the $$$ Warthog and use my trusty Saitek X-52. That endless yanking and banking can ruin a stick and your wrist.

I also got frustrated and set up FOUR P-51 ACE AI wingmen against ONE Bf-109 easy AI fully loaded with fuel.

The 109 proceeded to shred the 4 aces. Every shot was the "golden BB" always hitting a critical system. On his six with unlimited ammo I held the trigger until my hand literally started hurting. Dumping black/white smoke and shedding parts however he kept going.

That was 2 yrs ago before all the latest updates. Now it's just bad and not game breaking. At least now they will go down yet I still run across the issue of all of their hits being the 1 in a million while I am obviously shooting marshmallows.

• 1 month later...

Heh, reminds me of that time in the Challenge Campaign where you fight the Hind.

When I flew it, I kept running out of ammo and finally added unlimited to see what it took.

End of the day, the Hind absorbed more bullets than the Mustang carries before it died. I think it's been tweaked since then but the new AI damage modeling is the thing I want most at the moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel: