Balancing the F/A-18C

probad

So funny :megalol: Got me by surprise man. I did not expect that.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Now that was a good one... ("anxious to kick ET's @ss...") :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

behindenemylinesr2pic3.jpg

The unstoppable team. The hornet doesn't stand a chance.:lol:

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

Oh Man...not another balancing thread...been hearing this kind of discussions for a while about the Tomcat and now it's all starting about the hornet ....:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Edit: finally got it:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

Edited by Atooyi

Brilliant, my friend! You got us quite good :)

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

At first I was like "heh another balancing thread, should be fun to watch people fighting back and forth" but then I saw it was probad who posted the thread who wouldn't be among the people who'd post these threads.

But now it all makes sense :D.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I don't think this is a good idea at all. The UFO has an energy shield like all 9th generation fighters. This will completely unbalance the sim in favor of the Green Coalition. Not to mention there won't be any adversary for space ops.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I don't think this is a good idea at all. The UFO has an energy shield like all 9th generation fighters. This will completely unbalance the sim in favor of the Green Coalition. Not to mention there won't be any adversary for space ops.

Parachutes, man...parachutes. And a rock garden (or pet rock if no gardens available...). Guess this means the Hornet will be a modified -20 that has a drogue chute AND arrestor gear.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

What's crazy is that as big of a film Independence Day was, it never immortalized the F/A-18 the way Top Gun immortalized the F-14. I think there was an expectation, however subtle, that Will Smith would become the new Tom Cruise (and there's no question Will Smith would go on to have a huge career), but ID4 never really made the impact on American society that Top Gun did. This, despite the fact it depicted the Hornet as the hottest fighter in the U.S. inventory (at the time).

well, slapping a US Airforce Decal on Some of the F-18s and F-14s in the Airbase Seen ruined it.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

the fa-18 got blown up more than a few times in the movie, hard to immortalize something that is shown to be very mortal...

now maybe if will smith flew the fa-18 into space to hack the mothership --

Then I saw who posted this thread and I was like "WUT?"

saw probad posted it and was surprised...

but then I saw it was probad who posted the thread who wouldn't be among the people who'd post these threads.

dangit i better lay low for a while

Edited by probad

xD That was pretty funny. Like others, I've clicked and I was with the preconception to go for another "stop nonsense threads", but then I just laugh.

Well done. :D

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

behindenemylinesr2pic3.jpg

The unstoppable team. The hornet doesn't stand a chance.:lol:

naaa that'l be for balancing the super hornet.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...
What's crazy is that as big of a film Independence Day was, it never immortalized the F/A-18 the way Top Gun immortalized the F-14. I think there was an expectation, however subtle, that Will Smith would become the new Tom Cruise (and there's no question Will Smith would go on to have a huge career), but ID4 never really made the impact on American society that Top Gun did. This, despite the fact it depicted the Hornet as the hottest fighter in the U.S. inventory (at the time).

That's true!

• Like 1