So release date set.

Squid_DK

Nice weekend news, has been a long haul but nice to see the additions that are deemed needed for EA.

Now just need something to entertain me until the 30th... I need something shiny!

-Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

LOL, there's going to be some seriously unhappy campers about the switch of modules, it's still within the official time frame Wag's stated, so no massive biggie..

I'd rather have a delayed released, with things working, than one that the community itself pressured for the release of same module, and things were still broken.

At least it will end all the speculative release date threads, and cryptic messages that were never there to begin with.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

At least now we can start counting the days until the hornet arrives...

...12 to go. :D

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

I could have done without those features and they could have released it today as far as Im concerned, but I get them and respect their decisions, atleast now we know when to torture our F5 button ;)

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

LOL, there's going to be some seriously unhappy campers about the switch of modules, it's still within the official time frame Wag's stated, so no massive biggie..

I'd rather have a delayed released, with things working, than one that the community itself pressured for the release of same module, and things were still broken.

At least it will end all the speculative release date threads, and cryptic messages that were never there to begin with.

Strange, you can talk some sense sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have absolutely no issue with map first time to lean some new geography, and find nice place to blow up.

And the -18 I think having proper symbology for gun, AIM-7, -9 will make ones life easier as a virtual aviator here, not having to go: "Aaaaargh... new symbology, my brain is bleeding and oozing through my nose!" it will still have plenty of learning over the next year and more probably.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

I have absolutely no issue with map first time to lean some new geography, and find nice place to blow up.

And the -18 I think having proper symbology for gun, AIM-7, -9 will make ones life easier as a virtual aviator here, not having to go: "Aaaaargh... new symbology, my brain is bleeding and oozing through my nose!" it will still have plenty of learning over the next year and more probably.

Ditto, makes no odds if it's pushed more to the right either, all good things come to those who wait... Patience is a virtue ...blah blah blah.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Fantastic at least now we know the date, and I can give the poor old F5 a break. For some reason I felt convinced it would be today, but no issue. I just want ED and Belsimtek to do this right.

It also lets the poor harrier have a few more weeks of flying. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

..but did you watch that new video? Simply stunning.

It's not going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth the wait.

Does anyone know if there is likely to be a selection of missions released with the new map or will we need to wait for mission builders to build them, for the various aircraft, after release?

I'd hope that there will at least be a free flight instant mission for most aircraft on the new map and maybe some cold start, takeoff and landing ones too, otherwise it looks like i will need to quickly learn how to use the mission editor :)

So much for a three day holiday fun spent blasting down the LV Strip in my shiny new F/A-18C at Mach 1 jamming up the radios blasting Dos Gringos!! Looks like it will just be a two day no sleep affair.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

well, right in the middle my final exams!!! hard to choose between courses to fail this semester, because choosing my exams over hornet is not an option!!!!:D:D:D:D

:pilotfly:

Stay in school, young man! You'll need a good-paying job for the upcoming Tomcat! :smartass:

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Stay in school, young man! You'll need a good-paying job for the upcoming Tomcat! :smartass:

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Simply knowing the release date now will make this much easier, even if it is a little further away than some would have hoped.

Honestly we really only have to wait till Wednesday to get some satisfaction. The Persian Gulf map should be more than enough to tide you over for the remaining week until the Hornet. This is if you got the map. If not then 1 1/2 weeks. Re-read the Hornet NATOPS or something haha.

I’m mildly disappointed because I will be back to work by the 30th with foxtrot alpha for free time to enjoy this.

Edited by Mower

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I’m mildly disappointed because I will be back to work by the 30th with foxtrot alpha for free time to enjoy this.

Trade sleep for flight. Things could be worse. :joystick:

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Yep in "2 weeks!!" :D

In this case a hard date! :thumbup:

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

knowing the release date made it harder to wait :)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Panthers comment about blasting the tunes was rather intriguing to me, so I checked out "Dos Gringos". A quote from one of the F-16 pilots and band member "Being a fighter pilot is a privilege and an honor. It is fun and it is stressful. And the difference between a bunch of guys who fly fighters and a group of shit hot fighter pilots flying in the world's best fighter squadron is camaraderie. And I can't think of any better way to build camaraderie than by singin' songs, drinkin' booze, and telling stories at the bar on Fridays."

— Chris KurekWhen

When my brother was active in the Marines he would tell me about the massive amounts of Sailor Jerry downed on a regular basis, which didn't surprise me terrible, the Jarheads, what do expect. But I would think hot shot fighter pilots would by default have the grey matter and schooling to fully understand the physical and cognitive ramifications of regular alcohol consumption. As my wife is found of telling patients when the topic arises, "a hang over is your body's way of trying to tell you "hey knock it off".