Fired on the ground bullets bounce

Nansaram

That would depend on the impact angle and the properties of the ground being hit. At a shallow enough angle, a high percentage would bounce. At least my bullets did whe I was shooting tracers with a machine gun on the range, back in my navy days.

also when a tracer round deforms on impact the chemical tracer can become detached.

so if you hit a rock you may see the tracer bounce up. when the round stays deformed in the rock.

the tracer component is light and wont penetrate much, so is more likely to bounce. if it detaches.

so a lot of the splash of tracer is from deforming rounds. because bullets don't stay bullet shaped after impact. they tend to break into pieces..

so don't imagine whole bullets bouncing away with the tracer. although a few whole ones will bounce like sharkku says.

cannon balls were more deadly when the ground was hard because they would bounce through column's of infantry.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Hi,

Shooting to ground nomally the bullets should penetrate in the ground.

But all the bullets fired by Huey, bouncing like a laser beam reflected on mirror.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..