[FIXED]About Bomb Interval Setting

Terzi

The first bomb hits the point you designate. The rest hit according to the interval, past that point. Same with Auto.

Actually no. Generally speaking IRL the stick will straddle the target. Anyway first bomb will go short (by design) of the designated point or CCIP cross. Ref below:

Stick.jpg

I have some more specific references somewhere that describe exactly where each bomb goes ... just need to find them :)

Only in mine deliveries the first mine will be on the designated point

Each bomb

Then I am pretty sure the bomb spacing we get now is incorrect. Instead of 500ft, there are probably 100 feet between each bomb..

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

1. As seen in the SMS page, the Hornet load was 4 Mk 82 in VER in inner pylons and 2 Mk.82 directly on external pylons. The video also shows that not all bombs dropped, only the four Mk.82 in VER do. Actually the pipper disappears as if no more bombs were available. Later, when pressing 82B twice in the left DDI/SMS page, they drop!

I experimented with this setup a bit - with unlim. weapons enabled. It seems, as if the release sequence only iterates over pylons of the same configuration. I.e. only the two inner pylons, releasing 4 bombs, OR only the two outer pylons, releasing 2 bombs. (I manageed to select one of the outer pylons during the auto rearming sequence, and then only those two on the outer pylons are actually released.)

edit:

Setting the quantity to 6 when the inner pylons are selected, results in the display of "*6" at the DDI. I assume, the star means "caution, not really feasible value!"? The SMS just does not really "see" the bombs at the outer pylons. You can not really select - until the bombs on the inner pylons are dropped. Even STEP only switches between the two inner pylons.

I wonder now, if such a load out is even certified?

Edited by Flagrum

I experimented with this setup a bit - with unlim. weapons enabled. It seems, as if the release sequence only iterates over pylons of the same configuration. I.e. only the two inner pylons, releasing 4 bombs, OR only the two outer pylons, releasing 2 bombs. (I manageed to select one of the outer pylons during the auto rearming sequence, and then only those two on the outer pylons are actually released.)

edit:

Setting the quantity to 6 when the inner pylons are selected, results in the display of "*6" at the DDI. I assume, the star means "caution, not really feasible value!"? The SMS just does not really "see" the bombs at the outer pylons. You can not really select - until the bombs on the inner pylons are dropped. Even STEP only switches between the two inner pylons.

I wonder now, if such a load out is even certified?

Hmmm, I don't get that asterisk. But as seen at the end of the video, the two leftover bombs drop by themselves clicking twice on the DDI pushbutton to select them, which should never happen. I can reproduce this always in an instant mission that I made.

About the configuration, a few quotes from Stout's "Hornets over Kuwait" (they usually carried 2 bombs on each wing in VER plus one in center pylon, 5 total, and occasionally he drops all of them in a single string. (I have tried this 5 bomb configuration with exactly the same results I was getting with 6 bombs):

config-0.JPG.0b6ae1b71e182edbc2fdedad76403719.JPG

config-1.JPG.5e27bced5dd6a5bee4ec66bd4aa51d84.JPG

config-2.JPG.15b23e2a2d649a80765490c82a62420a.JPG

config-3.JPG.c7ecf8c990ac77ae458f4725f5fc6cb7.JPG

Edited by escaner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually no. Generally speaking IRL the stick will straddle the target

I wasn't referring to IRL. In the current DCS Hornet it behaves as I described.

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I saw something about ripple delivery fixed in this week's patch changelog so just checked these bugs. Unfortunately half a year later all of them are still there, nothing changed.

Is this example I am dropping 6 Mk.82 in CCIP, ripple single mode with 500 ft of selected spacing between bombs.

I have made a couple of videos for comparison, first the A-10C:

Now the F/A-18C:

There are 3 issues here with the Hornet:

1. As seen in the SMS page, the Hornet load was 4 Mk 82 in VER in inner pylons and 2 Mk.82 directly on external pylons. The video also shows that not all bombs dropped, only the four Mk.82 in VER do. Actually the pipper disappears as if no more bombs were available. Later, when pressing 82B twice in the left DDI/SMS page, they drop!

2. Incorrect separation between bombs: obviously that is not 500 ft, please compare with the Warthog video. More on that here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211878

3. It is expected that the bombs bracket (half before and half after) the impact point, as it does with the Warthog. But the Hornet drops the first bomb where the CCIP pipper was when pressing the release button, and the rest of the bombs land longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

We have now this problem actuality.

This all screenshots use in same one time and same one position in active pause. change only programs!

1 screen. is the good point on ground to the a drop bomb. one bomb mk-82 (with other bombs same)

2 screen. qty-10 mult-1 int-600

3 screen. qty-10 mult-1 int-200

4 screen. qty-10 mult-1 int-800

5 screen. qty-5 mult-1 int-800

attachment.php?attachmentid=212699&d=1561483702

attachment.php?attachmentid=212700&d=1561483819

attachment.php?attachmentid=212701&d=1561483873

attachment.php?attachmentid=212702&d=1561483923

attachment.php?attachmentid=212704&d=1561484100

and with RET bombs Mk-82Y and SnakeEye. When use mode FF in DRAG, drop bombs point not change.

Edited by AlexRandom

• ED Team
Hello,

The length of the Stennis AC Carrier is about 1000 feet. I tried to bomb my own carrier with 5xMk84 bombs. I set the QTY to 5, MULT left as 1, INT set to 200. This would cover the whole deck with 5 bombs single drop at a time with an interval of 200ft. I dropped all the bombs and;

Saw that the distance between the 1st bomb impact point and the last bomb impact point is even less than the half of the length of the carrier.

Please check if the bomb intervals work correctly especially in short intervals.

Hi

Just checking you were using the middle of the ship as your target and not the stern of the ship. The track wont play back correctly for me.

Take a look at my mission, I have set targets on the runway at 200ft intervals. With a waypoint on the ground in the middle of the targets.

You can use Auto and WPDSG or CCIP to deliver your mk83's.

I seem to be getting good results with spacing between bombs.

If you can use my mission and post tracks from it that would be great.

bomb interval.miz

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I am astonished. After such a long time and no feedback I didn't expect this to be ever fixed, but reading today's changelog I tried it again and all three bugs that I reported and were merged into this thread seem fixed.

Separation looks fine, all bombs drop correctly (mixing both on VER and directly on pylons) and the bombs bracket the aiming point. Tried it in CCIP and in auto.

Picture from an Auto run, 6 x Mk.82, 500 ft interval, aiming at the runway crossing... just perfect!

Thanks a lot!

Screen_190717_225923.thumb.png.08fce2de01f80b1620a191dbdac18361.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Wow, I am astonished. After such a long time and no feedback I didn't expect this to be ever fixed, but reading today's changelog I tried it again and all three bugs that I reported and were merged into this thread seem fixed.

Separation looks fine, all bombs drop correctly (mixing both on VER and directly on pylons) and the bombs bracket the aiming point. Tried it in CCIP and in auto.

Picture from an Auto run, 6 x Mk.82, 500 ft interval, aiming at the runway crossing... just perfect!

Thanks a lot!

Good to hear it is working as intended now, ED always listen sometimes it takes time to fix stuff but it is always worth it in the end :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2