New old Group

oldpop

We began many year ago in this sim (named different now) moved to FSX/P3D for last 7 years.

I am now trying to reform a group of "sr." types to seriously fun fly!

US based ( I am in Pensacola fL and a retired USN aviator)

I fly the FA18, but have most modern A/C. just pre ordered he Super CV.

like to fly at 2100CST almost any night.

PM me if would like to chat (can come up on Team Speak or discord (VFA 31 Hornets)

PoP VFA 31

Hey hey, POP. So, not clear - are you flying DCS now or still flying FSX/P3D now and trying to reform to fly DCS?

You're greatly loved & appreciated by many of us out here and through the years!

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

DCS!!! bout 1/2 way comfortable in the FA18C. Just wish the A2G radar would be released to complete the a/c's suit!

Good with A2A BVR, dumb bombs, Harms, Harpoons, AGM154's counter measures, and CQ.

WIP laser weapons, A2A furballs!:)

Yeah, would love to slave the TGP to a2g radar for movers & other. Can't understand not producing the a2g radar before so many other things. How do we find you on TS or Discord? Mon & Wed usually good for me.

System specs: WIN 10 64, i7 4790K, ASRock Z97 Extreme6, GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws. SB Live Audio, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pro peds, TIR 5.1 pro clippy thingy, Saitek Eclipse keyboard, Sennheiser headphones & mic

Hi Pop

I remember you from the past. I am in Fl as well and in the SR cat at 72. Would like to be a part of the group. Have ts3, srs ready I think?. I am not great at it but trying to improve. Too many a/c and rotor's to keep stored in my aging memory bank. :) :pilotfly:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I, too, just bought the super CV bundle because I would like to do carrier ops. I’m not too sure about my ability to absorb something like the Hornet, though. I have been trying the F-5E a little as a bridge to the Hornet. Mostly, I have been flying in CloD and WWII DCS a/c for several years. I’m 76, and spent about 9 months on the Shangri-La’s 66-67 Med cruise with VFP-62 as a PH3.

I also have SMEL licenses, and have owned/flown two gliders in the recent past.

I’d like to give the Hornet a try, if I don’t impact everyone else’s learning curve. I haven’t even started up the Hornet, yet.

Edited by TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey oldpop ! I'm new and old ... haha! and from pensacola too. I might be interested after I get started and learning eveything. I'll have a DCS system hopefully by next month and excited to get started. Although this might be alittle advance... it was really cool to see someone from my home town. Take care.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020