"Long press" modifier in Controls setup

Quip

Lately we have more and more planes that use Hats in the real cockpit that use 5 directions. But most controllers' hats have only 4 directions (yes I know the ones on the Thrustmaster and Virpil that do have 5 directions).

So there are a couple of ways to deal with this in the game. One is to use a modifier.

But a different way is to use "long press" for the 5th direction. And I realized this could be simple to implement in the game.

Here's what I suggest:

Let us setup a "Modifier", just like the rest of them. But rather than tying it to a button, tie it to a timer. So let us setup a Modifier that kicks in after a set amount of milliseconds.

In the game, if you assign a button to a function, that gets used unless if you select the "long press" modifier, in which case that function is set. Just like any other modifier works currently.

I've done a mock-up for you:

LongPress.jpg.5dbfa52e9764acdd38bb94f2d77f8cb3.jpg

So much yes!

Great idea.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

even better have a shift button be capable of being long press!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 months later...