Mirrors have terrible FPS impact in latest OB

bkthunder

Came back after a trip and DCS updated. Went on to fly the F-18 and noticed I am getting FPS in the low 50s where I used to have 60 (fps locked).

If i disable the mirrors I have an instant gain and goes back to 60.

Mirrors have never been a problem for me before, they reduced fps by 1, maybe 2 fps. Now I can't fly with mirrors on.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• ED Team

Try deleting your metashader2 and fxo folder in your dcs saved games folder.

restart and allow time for the new shaders to be generated.

Do you notice a change?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Excess files get stacked up in those folders, when updates have been download for DCS (new versions). Also, the more aircraft you own (and fly) - the more files go into these folders. I literally delete contents of each of those two folders EVERY SINGLE time before booting DCS (even without an update being issued). Would be great to have an auto clean up of these files - but I’d rather do that manually, than take a staff member off of development duties.

I think the mirrors are still having an impact on performance - but not anything of an increase over the last few builds. That being said, the Hornet mirrors are pretty much worthless in VR, for their orientation and view.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I been stop using those. Ever since the Tomcat, mirrors have been considered obsolete in other aircraft, IMHO.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals