VR (Oculus) head movements causing violent rolls - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
doghouse

Default VR (Oculus) head movements causing violent rolls

Hi guys,
I'm running Hotas Warthog, Oculus CV1 and Saitek pedals.

When turning my head during dogfights the P51 and Spitfire both seem to violent flip/roll completely inconsistent with control inputs. It is particularly noticeable when turning my head during high G turns.
It feels as if turning beyond 90 degrees inverts the controls or such which is completely nauseating and of course terrible for the fight outcome due to loss of inertia.

I used to run TrackIR on these planes without issue. I have tried resetting all controls/config but to no avail. Strangely it doesn't occur in the F15, A10C etc. It does also occur on the spitfire.

I searched but didn't see anything similar. - has anybody experienced something like this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
Gizzy

No nothing similar as you describe but I have had similar experiences that were traced to some axes mapped to unwanted additional inputs. DCS is a right pain in assigning axis all over to all sorts of devices - maybe check for unwanted assignments?
Gizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:08 PM   #3
Terzi

Check that there is no obstacle between Oculus sensor and the headset. Check that your sensor does not point to somewhere very irrelevant.

Modules: FC3, CA, A-10C, NTTR, F-5E, MIG-15, KA-50, UH-1H, SA342
Terzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control issues, oculus rift, p51d, spitfire