create datalink message?

derammo

Is it possible in mission scripts to generate a datalink message (for example, for A-10C) like the hard coded built-in JTAC sends when it sends data?

If not, is there any other API that can be used to fake this, somehow creating dynamic mission mark points / waypoints / target points and just pretend they were received via datalink? These would not be static waypoints that are preloaded, because they depend on spotting a moving unit. That's why I think the correct interface is datalink (they would not previously exist in the client aircraft's context.)

The closest you can do is set a briefing via Script or set a Mark on the F10 map...

The script engine allows for querying coordinate, unit type, etc. Using Moose or MiST it should be not too complex to find group distances and bearing/range to friendlies etc. to put together a 9-line, but as Grimes said, no way to get it into the A-10 or any other systems, as of today.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The closest you can do is set a briefing via Script or set a Mark on the F10 map...

The script engine allows for querying coordinate, unit type, etc. Using Moose or MiST it should be not too complex to find group distances and bearing/range to friendlies etc. to put together a 9-line, but as Grimes said, no way to get it into the A-10 or any other systems, as of today.

Are you saying that a script can place an F10 mark that would be transmitted in multiplayer? That would be exciting.

Are you saying that a script can place an F10 mark that would be transmitted in multiplayer? That would be exciting.

The "F10 Mark" (the red circle on the F10 map) feature is also available as a simple action in the Mission Editor. Look for "Mark to All/Coalition/Country/Group" in the Actions (right column in the ME).

With scripts you can dynamically get coordinates from a group or unit, check for unit type and distance between points etc. That is more complex than the Mission Editor and requires at least basic understanding of LUA code. With frameworks like Moose or MiST it gets much easier, but still you need an understanding of scritping and LUA in general. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

The "F10 Mark" (the red circle on the F10 map) feature is also available as a simple action in the Mission Editor. Look for "Mark to All/Coalition/Country/Group" in the Actions (right column in the ME).

With scripts you can dynamically get coordinates from a group or unit, check for unit type and distance between points etc. That is more complex than the Mission Editor and requires at least basic understanding of LUA code. With frameworks like Moose or MiST it gets much easier, but still you need an understanding of scritping and LUA in general. :thumbup:

Awesome. That's all the pointer I need. Thanks!