Is an A-10C module update available?

bigbear

I loaded A10C and DCS World years ago, but in 2016 I became discouraged over the lack of support for Helios after I couldn't get it to work on a new machine I set up for the purpose of running it, and haven't done anything with DCS since that time until now.

Now, though, I want to try DCS products again even without Helios (although if there is something equivalent, please let me know since that is/was a really cool add-on) and I just downloaded the latest DCS World to give myself a fresh start.

I then tried running A10 in the instant action mode, but when I do, the UFC display suddenly will pop up and take over practically the whole screen. It does this every 10 or 15 seconds making the game totally unplayable.

Something is screwed up here and I was thinking that perhaps there is a newer version of A-10 that I need to download that is more compatible with the new DCS World version. But I cannot see where that is handled in the DCS World module manager. I tried deactivating the A10 module and reactivating it hoping it would reinstall an updated version, but that didn't work. I have no idea what the latest version of A10C is or where to get it without purchasing it again. I can't even see what version of A10C I am running. In the old days, it seems to me that there was an easy mechanism to download to the latest A10C version, but now I am baffled.

Please advise.

Thanks.

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.

have you updated recently?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

When you start up DCS the version you're running is shown in lower right corner of main menu. Since you just downloaded it and installed A10c they will be the same current version. On Friday the latest update brought it to 2.5.6 so this is what you should see in lower right corner. Whenever you update DCS the core and all modules installed get updated.

Was this installed on pc you used before for DCS? If so an older DCS Saved Games folder could be causing your problem. Not sure what you mean by UFC display popping up though. A screenshot of what it is might help. Do you mean the MFCDs? They pop up when you switch to HUD only view or if you're in game mode/game avionics other displays are on screen.

Only the Beta branch is 2.5.6 now. Stable is still 2.5.5 but includes newer A-10C cockpit already.

OP, remove any mods or old config files from saved games/dcs you might have left from older version.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thanks guys! I had totally forgotten where I had done all the configuration work to get Helios up and running four years ago. Renaming the Saved Games folder did the trick!

=====================================

Intel I7-6700 32GB RAM, Krait Z170A, NVIDIA RTX 2080ti 11GB, TrackIR5, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG pedals, Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, HP Reverb VR, 500GB SSD.