train convoy

kingofland

I found this youtube video from Shiftie Mover really helpful for getting trains to work on Normandy, give it a watch and it should get it working for single player at least. Watch from 8 minutes 17 seconds for the tutorial on trains.

[edit] I can get trains to appear in single player but they don't show on the F10 map, nor do they display labels like other vehicles. I've also run into problems using them as targets in multiplayer as other players can't see them (only the host can see trains for some reason) which I reported here to no avail: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195176

Edited by Bounder

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

train convoy

Hello everyone, in the mission editor I create a train with locomotive and wagon and waypoints, but they are still invisible in the game. Near the train I placed a vehicle to observe the train, in the game I see the vehicle not the train. In the mission above, in the list of countries there is the third reich, I did not find it, I made a repair of DCS, now I have the third reich but still no train. Thanks for your

Hello everyone, in the mission editor I create a train with locomotive and wagon and waypoints, but they are still invisible in the game. Near the train I placed a vehicle to observe the train, in the game I see the vehicle not the train. In the mission above, in the list of countries there is the third reich, I did not find it, I made a repair of DCS, now I have the third reich but still no train. Thanks for your

Hi,

I hope you have 2.5 Open Beta for the Train test.miz

There is only a train

I can see the train with STRG + F12

Otherwise upload your mission

Did you try placing the starting point of the train well outside a station (like in the video) and having a waypoint so the train is moving? If you didn't the train will be invisible, like in the video.

I've attached a mission file like Blech, it's for the open beta version of the game. Give them a go and check you can see the train? My mission has a train passing through Bayeux (on border between XV66 and XV65) with Red vehicles nearby so we can use F7/F8 to view them and the passing train. Spawn as spectator or in an aircraft: to the west of the train there is a TF51 and a Spitfire at Le Molay, to the north there is a 109 and a Dora at Sommervieu.

Train_Test_01.miz

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

WP for train convoy

Hello everyone, still train problems, in the mission editor when we create the train route with WPs, after each WP creation, on the map we see the route follow the path of the track railway. This is OK. However some times at the creation of a new WP the course no longer follow the path of the railway and make a straight line between the last two WPs. In this case the convoy train is not visible in the game with the keys LCTR and F12. In the mission editor if you delete the last WP and the route again follows the path of the railway, In the game, the convoy train is visible again. Thanks for your help

Try shorter WP´s, following the railway. If you put WP´s to far away sometimes the editor cant make the calculations.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

train convoy

Hello everyone

In response to Esac Myrmidon, often by putting distant WPs, the course follows the railway, and sometimes with WPs closer the course does not follow the railway. Example WP0 WP1 okWP1 WP2 ok WP2 WP3 incorrect WP3 WP4 ok. With this the course does not work. To make it work you have to delete WP 3 and 4. If I increase the distance between WP1 and WP2 the route becomes incorrect.Looks like on the map of the EM there is an area where the course can not follow the railway.

In response to Blech, I do not understand your arguments, can you be more explicit, I thank you

Thank you all for your help.

Hi,

Look at my screenshot and create an empty mission for testing

Can you set a route with 1 or 10 waypoints from Cherbourg to Evreux - YES (west to east )

Can you set a route with 1 or 10 waypoints from Evreux to Cherbourg - NO (east to west )

The railway between these both cities is one-way for waypoint-settings (west to east)

Others are north to south or south to north

( In the game the trains will circle from waypoint 0 to last, last to 0, 0 to last, ... )

• 8 months later...

Hello everybody.

Is there a way to make the train stop at a waypoint?

Thanks,

Skyspin

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

• 2 months later...
Hello everybody.

Is there a way to make the train stop at a waypoint?

Thanks,

Skyspin

Yes I really would like to stop a train at a station and then attack it from above you know like in the GUN CAM clips from the real deal;

We've all seen those clips and want to do that TRAIN DESTRUCTION thing for ourselves "over and over again" in an endless loop if possible?

from our comfy chairs in our VR worlds that we've been able to create with DCS

One thing is for sure DCS WWII has a wide open road ahead of it!

It was after all A WORLD at WAR!

One thing that is so cool about fighter planes with MACHINE GUNS is that its so up close and personal you've gota get right in their face and then let'em have it

I can't imagine how cool it would be to TORPEDO BOMB a US WARSHIP in PEARL Harbor Man that would be a hoot

and all the other scenarios from WWII

OK from the info in this thread i've got some tweaking to do in my Meditor

hope some more techniques will pop up soon

prefetch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 7700K, Win-8.1(wufuc), DCSW OB, FC3, CA, PG-map, Syria-map, Normandy-map, WWII-assetspack, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, Mi-8MTV2, BS2,