VR cockpit view too close

R1Lawsy

yep buckeye, you are right.

i guess its just obvious that there are many options to fix the view issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

What is most annoying is the fact that the HUD won't scale with the head movements forward or backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Because it shouldn't. That's one of principles of hud operation.

However, something is off with scale in dcs a10, either the Cockpit has incorrect proportions or the hud symbols should be smaller. Can't imagine the real plane was designed in such way that the pilot can't see the major portion of the hud from the normal flying position.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I just use a shifted function in the DCS UI Settings for controls. Pinky Shift + Trim Hat to move Cockpit Camera Move Up/Down/Forward/Back. Works for me and it is so automatic now I do not even notice. It is just something I do.

Great tip. I have set a default position, but sometimes you still need to change position, and this suggestion is excellent.

As for whether to buy VR or not... Really, you hesitate from taking a leap in realism that has never been equalled in gaming. Don't procrastinate a second longer. Ask anyone who has VR whether they'd go back. It's probably the simplest question to answer in gaming circles today - go for it!

I've saved my position using the seat as a reference, and I'm fine. The HUD is not fully visible and I have to lean down a bit to see the uppermost part, but I've read that real a-10 pilots do the same and it is not a big problem when flying.

(RALT+some numpad keys to move; RALT+numpad0 to save)

Edited by nessuno0505

However, something is off with scale in dcs a10, either the Cockpit has incorrect proportions or the hud symbols should be smaller. Can't imagine the real plane was designed in such way that the pilot can't see the major portion of the hud from the normal flying position.

I've read that real a-10 pilots do the same (have to lean down a bit to see the uppermost part [of the HUD]) and it is not a big problem when flying.

Could someone confirm/deny this? Is the geometry off or do the real-life Hog Drivers lean forward to see their HUDs in full?

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Anyone has a fix for this? Its really bad.

The position should be like the F-18, that is perfect in VR.

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

• 1 month later...

@SilentWarrior: I think it can be expected, that the head positioning and the scale of the cockpit will be corrected for VR with the incoming cockpit update for the Hog to current standards.

@NineLine: Do you have any idea when to expect some news on this?

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals