VR rear mirror is «state of the art» - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-11-2017, 11:18 AM   #11
average_pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-1775 View Post
There's more benefit from head tracking information.
Imagine, in MP mode you could see where your wingman (or enemy) is looking at. «Hey Red Two, watch out for bogeys and don't stare at that picture of your girlfriend!»
I'm really wishing I could see other VR users true head movements in multiplayer, and others to see mine. That would feel like there is a real human right at that aircraft.
average_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #12
J-1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_pilot View Post
I'm really wishing I could see other VR users true head movements in multiplayer, and others to see mine. That would feel like there is a real human right at that aircraft.
I'm sure we will get that sooner or later. After all, the position and attitude of the pilot's head does in principal not differ from the position of ailerons, rudder, flaps or gear and the bandwith necessary will be marginal.
J-1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:47 AM   #13
awjudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by average_pilot View Post
You can. This already works...
awjudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #14
watermanpc

Mirrors in VR have a big problem however, at least in my experience...when they are shadowed, the image reflected on them gets dimed, just like if the image coming from them is not a reflection but a direct image from a "dispaly" so to speak...IRL, no matter if a mirror gets in shadow if its reflecting an image full of light, the only thing that would happen then is that only mirror mass would be shadowed but NOT the image its reflecting. The problem with this is that when the mirros are in shadow, you cant see the image reflected in them, even when for example they are reflecting a well iluminated scene. I will consider this as a bug in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awjudge View Post
You can. This already works...
Well, only rotating head in the horizontal plane is actually working in MP or SP...no vertical rotation is captured nor translations which would be a GREAT ADDITION as average_pilot said.

Take a look at my MODS here

Last edited by watermanpc; 02-17-2017 at 02:47 PM.
watermanpc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leap motion, mirror, oculus, spitfire, vive