WWII REPLIKA throttles

hegykc

Respect. Very nice job.

Steel Hotas Warthog + Hoffmans F16 rudders, Oculus Rift S, EVGA RTX3090, Core i7 4790K

Hangar: Ka50, A10C, A10A, A10CII, SU27, SU33, SU25, Av8BNA, Bf109K4, F16C, F86, FA18C, FW190D9, i-16, L39C, Mi8, MiG15, MiG19P, MiG21, P51D, Spitfire, SuperCarrier, Yak52, P47, F14, Mi24P, Me262?

Flying over CAU, NEV, NORM, SYR, CHNL, PER, ATL

Looks and sounds amazing!

Although I'm not sure I'm a big fan of realistic button forces and travels on sim sticks.

In real planes you usually operate the stick with quite a bit of force, and this is true for completely mechanically controlled aircraft, hydraulics, or even fly by wire modern jets - even almost rigid F-16 sidestick reaches "full deflection" at 25 pounds / 11 kg.

So a trigger that needs quite a bit of force and large travel is not really a problem on real jet, stick has larger mass, and the forces needed to move it are quite substantial.

In the simpit sticks are usually easy to move. Hard triggers and buttons with large travels can in fact throw your aim off quite a bit before you activate them.

Of course having longer stick helps with that, so small movements aren't as critical, but I still think these realistic forces on triggers and buttons, coupled with a "flimsy" stick forces can be a problem.

• Like 1

but I still think these realistic forces on triggers and buttons, coupled with a "flimsy" stick forces can be a problem.

TM Warthog has 100% milspec forces and travel on all of it's buttons and no one complained, quite the opposite, that's what they loved most about it. Night and day difference between TM Warthog grip switches and VKB/Virpil grip switches.

Awesome stuff. Wont be interested in the WWII stuff, but definitly watching your stuff for the modern gear :)

Interesting Interface to connect the Grips to the base. Spring loaded pins, right? Any more details about the interface? Quick swap possible? Variable rotation for center mounted sticks?

And the realistic forces for the buttons is :thumbup:.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Good Lord man! Just stumbled across this thread. I was perfectly happy with my solution to use the A-10C HOTAS and stick for my P-47 - now you have shattered that, must have!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chill man 🙂 The plan is to setup manufacturing of some good realistic feeling flight sim controls.

I have been posting pictures and videos of every single detail I engineer, what else do you want from me? We're in the middle of a worst pandemic of the last 100 years, everything's under lock-down and international transport is in chaos, would you mind giving me some time 🙂 I'm not going to do any holiday hype. I share my prototypes when they're done, not my ideas.

Browse through the new website:

https://www.replikagear.com/

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...