Super laggy in online playing

Kercheiz

Hi,

DCS runs very smoothly in VR on my system (RTX2070 - Quest) when playing single player.

However, in multiplayer, it stutters so much it's sometime unplayable. Without VR, I have no issue online.

Playing online should not impact FPS that much??

Thanks!

The mission, number of aircraft flying, etc. can all impact performance. Find an offline mission that is very demanding and tune your VR settings for that.

I have been flying on the Korea server with only a handful of guys, but it is up high with lots of contrails. So, there is this Normandy mission for the MiG-15bis with lots of aircraft fighting up high with contrails. It is incredibly demanding in VR.

I tune my settings for the best performance possible while trying to keep some semblance of the visual quality I prefer. I like to start with DCS default "VR" graphics settings then toggle things up higher if they don't hurt fps much, plus take into account suggestions from these forums. But the best way to handle it is to try adjusting one setting at a time, then flying the same demanding mission/terrain over and over to see the cost in visual quality vs frame rate and pick what is best for you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

It's strange, I got awful performance on a server where we were only 5 aircraft total, and it was laggy from the beginning, even before contact with other planes. And it was so laggy that when turning my head, I had black areas visibles where the render could not follow...

Regarding server speed, a slow server should not make screen render laggy, but only other planes movement!

It more looks like a bug to me, I will make other tries...