Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

Small request for upcoming missions like in the Syria map, will certain planes that may not belong be excluded from future missions like the Viggen, so as to make it more realistic?

These are absurd demands.

Sarcasm on: Alpenwolf, please remove all russian airplanes from the red side in mission Fight Island. They don't belong there. Why? Check History of the Iranian Air Force, because blues are operating on Iranian territory...

Sarcasm off.

Guys please try to understand that this is simulator that is uncapable of simulating every single shit you read in history books. So there must be a compromise. So stop complaining and learn to fly your shit.

Historical accuracy for a given scenario might be nice but we are so far from ever being able to do it.

We have a very limited set of aircraft and ground units in DCS and we have to make do, it's only relatively recently that we have been able to assemble a fun, reasonably balanced cold war multiplayer environment in DCS.

'90's viggens and '90's Ka-50s are a necessary evil in this environment, at least we know we will soon be able to replace the latter with Mi-24s in the near-ish future.

Historical accuracy for a given scenario might be nice but we are so far from ever being able to do it.

We have a very limited set of aircraft and ground units in DCS and we have to make do, it's only relatively recently that we have been able to assemble a fun, reasonably balanced cold war multiplayer environment in DCS.

'90's viggens and '90's Ka-50s are a necessary evil in this environment, at least we know we will soon be able to replace the latter with Mi-24s in the near-ish future.

:beer:

Just a heads up for the ‘Search and Destroy’ mission. There are no ground units for defense, and the objectives stay in their original coalition when a unit is dropped within the capping area.

Air defences are hidden on the map. They're not for anybody to move around. Not sure about what you mean with the "objectives".

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Air defences are hidden on the map. They're not for anybody to move around. Not sure about what you mean with the "objectives".

I think there was a bug happening yesterday. As an example the ‘Search & Destroy’ Salman lake usually has about 8 T72 and a sa13 to protect it, there were non at the mission start. Also, you usually get your situation/status updates in the top right corner, which yesterday only showed the blue sides objectives being blue, but nothing about the red objectives being red.

This is easily one of my favorite missions, together with ‘Fight Island’, ‘Elbrus’, ‘Phone Booth’, ‘Battle over Sukhumi’. The reason why is that the objectives are few, and the intensity over the objective areas is increased. Also the Hilos have a shorter distance to the objective which attracts Hilo pilots.

The concept of a single combat area like in ‘Fight Island’ and ‘Phone Booth’ is a great combat zone model of yours.

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think there was a bug happening yesterday. As an example the ‘Search & Destroy’ Salman lake usually has about 8 T72 and a sa13 to protect it, there were non at the mission start. Also, you usually get your situation/status updates in the top right corner, which yesterday only showed the blue sides objectives being blue, but nothing about the red objectives being red.

This is easily one of my favorite missions, together with ‘Fight Island’, ‘Elbrus’, ‘Phone Booth’, ‘Battle over Sukhumi’. The reason why is that the objectives are few, and the intensity over the objective areas is increased. Also the Hilos have a shorter distance to the objective which attracts Hilo pilots.

The concept of a single combat area like in ‘Fight Island’ and ‘Phone Booth’ is a great combat zone model of yours.

That's not a bug. If there are no units in any specific area then it's neutral which is why there were no messages telling you it's Red or Blue. I was online yesterday and was moving around some Red ground units. They were there. No bugs on my side and the log files are fine.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

That's not a bug. If there are no units in any specific area then it's neutral which is why there were no messages telling you it's Red or Blue. I was online yesterday and was moving around some Red ground units. They were there. No bugs on my side and the log files are fine.

This has happened to me before, when you find yourself in DCS Matrix. I’m glad I had 2 A10’s flying over the lake reporting that there were no units, otherwise I would have though I was going mad.

This is definitely an ED’s issue, nothing to do with your mission.

Everything will look as normal on your side. I think it happens sometimes when the server rotates, and one will rotate with it. Very rear, but it has happened to me ones before.

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Alpenwolf in the Open Range mission, the huey crates are 500lb's. It's essentially impossible to sling load them

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4404575&postcount=2634

Pls fix :)

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

So server turned from one stupidity to the other. Now everyone is into helos and spamming AAs around FARPs. I'm not even going to start at how "realistic" it is for Huey to carry Avenger or Mi-8 equivalent, but amount and frequency of that crap being deployed is reaching pinnacles of absurd.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

@Alpenwolf in the Open Range mission, the huey crates are 500lb's. It's essentially impossible to sling load them

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4404575&postcount=2634

Pls fix :)

There are no crates to be sling loaded in Open Range. You must be talking about a different mission.

So server turned from one stupidity to the other. Now everyone is into helos and spamming AAs around FARPs. I'm not even going to start at how "realistic" it is for Huey to carry Avenger or Mi-8 equivalent, but amount and frequency of that crap being deployed is reaching pinnacles of absurd.

We all know it's not realistic to deploy tanks or the like. Maybe the Mi-8 could deploy some types of vehicles but certainly not a tank. If only we had the equivalent to the Blue Humvee for Red things could be closer to reality. At least for the Mi-8, but not for the UH-1. We don't have the Mi-6/26 or the CH-47/53 etc. So again, I have to deal with what I have at the moment.

We don't have sophisticated infantry units either. Red infantries rarely fire back at Blue infantries and both are very limited in their capabilities. I'd rather have infantries being deployed instead of most what is out there at the moment, but infantries are worthless in DCS. It always comes down to me as a mission designer being very limited with what I have. Which is why for instance an Israeli-Syrian conflict can't be simulated at the moment as carss and surely many others would love to see.

Note:

I think helicopter pilots have had enough of being constantly attacked at their FARP's which is understandable. That action has obviously caused the reaction of spamming AA's around FARP's. However, in some missions (e.g. Open Range) attacking the FARP is the objective. I could add some useful limitations there but then helicopter pilots wont be happy.

Can't always please everyone, folks. Not even myself! :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Which is why for instance an Israeli-Syrian conflict can't be simulated at the moment as carss and surely many others would love to see.

I can gather some documents and plans and send to you over the PM, so you could review if such scenario is viable. Primary Syrian air defense was SA-2 and SA-3 with a few SA-6s. Israel would have Hawks. THis would also be a decent opportunity to try out SPS-141 :)

Rest in 1973 was just wrestling between tank and infantry brigades of both sides.

Note:

I think helicopter pilots have had enough of being constantly attacked at their FARP's which is understandable. That action has obviously caused the reaction of spamming AA's around FARP's. However, in some missions (e.g. Open Range) attacking the FARP is the objective. I could add some useful limitations there but then helicopter pilots wont be happy.

Fact that helo pilots got their ass whooped in area of aerial warfare is somewhat realistic though. Egyptian pilots were trained to fly at altitudes of 15 - 20 m knowing that Hawk cant launch against targets flying below 30 m and similarly Phantom / Mirage III will struggle to acquire contacts so low. Still a number of helicopters carrying commandos to Sinai was lost to Israeli aircraft.

Thing is that like every "feature" some just prefer to abuse it and you suddenly get 3-4 helos flying and swarming FARP with Avengers / Strelas / Kubs. I can fly helo too and I slowly get better with Mi-8 so could possibly try the same, but this is still primarily a flight sim. Not SAM sim :lol:

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I guess Alpenwolf can always I prove the mission even considering the limitations. But even if it’s possible it is still lots of work I guess. So it‘s time for me to say thank you for this great server. It turned DCS from sandbox only to a really nice MP experience and things will only get better.

Also I wouldn’t worry too (!) much about „abusing“ in the missions. It‘s also nice seeing player adapt and things change. So there‘s also sth positiv about it and will always be fixed before it lasts too long.

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

There are no crates to be sling loaded in Open Range. You must be talking about a different mission.

We all know it's not realistic to deploy tanks or the like. Maybe the Mi-8 could deploy some types of vehicles but certainly not a tank. If only we had the equivalent to the Blue Humvee for Red things could be closer to reality. At least for the Mi-8, but not for the UH-1. We don't have the Mi-6/26 or the CH-47/53 etc. So again, I have to deal with what I have at the moment.

We don't have sophisticated infantry units either. Red infantries rarely fire back at Blue infantries and both are very limited in their capabilities. I'd rather have infantries being deployed instead of most what is out there at the moment, but infantries are worthless in DCS. It always comes down to me as a mission designer being very limited with what I have. Which is why for instance an Israeli-Syrian conflict can't be simulated at the moment as carss and surely many others would love to see.

Note:

I agree with Alpenwolf, it has taken allot of work to get to this point. I think it has reached balance.

I really like to see that the Fighters no longer go head on, and instead have to dogfight their way to victory.

I must give it to SAS6007 that flies the 21 to it’s fullest potential. He is using the radar lock and fires of his missile from a way further distance than expected. Saw some great kills on Replay.

It is called adaptation when it comes to the Hilo side. They have had their Farps bombarded one time too many and obviously had enough of it. Glad that this ground to air shield has become a standard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I m talking about a mission in which you have to strike and enemy FARP, a factory at bulls, and a water station for blufor objectives, pretty sure it's called open range

There are 2 crates for unlocking mirages to be flown to Krasnodar Pashkovsky from Maykop.

Edited by BonerCat

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

I m talking about a mission in which you have to strike and enemy FARP, a factory at bulls, and a water station for blufor objectives, pretty sure it's called open range

There are 2 crates for unlocking mirages to be flown to Krasnodar Pashkovsky from Maykop.

Oh, yeah, you're right! That mission is so old and the Mirages/Fulcrums are only a week or 2 old. I forgot about that :lol:

Will do...

Note:

Any Mi-8 pilot ever tried to hook a UH-1-Cargo unit? I'm trying to figure out what type of cargo is the steadiest in DCS. Same for the Huey.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

The cargo units for activating the MiG-29A's in the mission Prince of Persia were moved to the Red FARP as it is the case for Blue already. This is due to sling loading issues reported to ED (ED confirmed checking out the matter) which make sling loading troublesome. So instead for Mi-8's to fly extra 60 km compared to what the Huey's have to fly it is now the same distance for both.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

These are absurd demands.

Sarcasm on: Alpenwolf, please remove all russian airplanes from the red side in mission Fight Island. They don't belong there. Why? Check History of the Iranian Air Force, because blues are operating on Iranian territory...

Sarcasm off.

Guys please try to understand that this is simulator that is uncapable of simulating every single shit you read in history books. So there must be a compromise. So stop complaining and learn to fly your shit.

My request was for future missions obviously (In the future) when we get more modules and other stuff that will make it possible. Pretty sure anyone who read that understood that :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Helicopters Tournament 11:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278961

Mainly Gazelle pilots are needed! Mi-8's and UH-1's too.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Helicopters Tournament 11:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278961

Mainly Gazelle pilots are needed! Mi-8's and UH-1's too.

You can put me on the gazelle roster instead of huey.

By the way, would you put gazelle in your missions closer to the battle front? Frankly, Yesterday I was flying about 40 minutes just to get to the front and I will never fly it again cause it is realy waste of life time to just fly on autopilot in a desert. Gazelle are not capable of transport so it is pointless to have them so far away. I mean, look, with a viggen I can be roughly 5 to 10 minutes on the frontline. If you'll move attack helicopters bases closer, than you might get a heli war which in my opinion would be great.

My request was for future missions obviously (In the future) when we get more modules and other stuff that will make it possible. Pretty sure anyone who read that understood that :doh:

Future is years away so wishes are pointless :D right now.

Amount & freq. could be limited.

Nobody will play if simulator would be 100% realistic. Cause that is impossible :) .

You realistic guys are forgeting high playability solds games. Right now there is bunch of things in DCS that developers never fix it and are science fiction and they add to "cheating" in game. :smilewink:

Are the SA15’s a new thing for the Red side?

No. Red offers a large variety of air defences and I try to hold back on many of them.

You can put me on the gazelle roster instead of huey.

By the way, would you put gazelle in your missions closer to the battle front? Frankly, Yesterday I was flying about 40 minutes just to get to the front and I will never fly it again cause it is realy waste of life time to just fly on autopilot in a desert. Gazelle are not capable of transport so it is pointless to have them so far away. I mean, look, with a viggen I can be roughly 5 to 10 minutes on the frontline. If you'll move attack helicopters bases closer, than you might get a heli war which in my opinion would be great.

Some people including myself enjoy flying helis for long distances and don't consider it a waste of time. I assume you're talking about the mission Prince of Persia. Use the Gazelle to attack closer airbases if necessary then. No need to drag it all the way up north to Ras Al Khaima airbase if that's considered a waste of time.

I never liked the idea of having everything within 5-10 minutes. Phone Booth style is only occasional.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

No. Red offers a large variety of air defences and I try to hold back on many of them.

Some people including myself enjoy flying helis for long distances and don't consider it a waste of time. I assume you're talking about the mission Prince of Persia. Use the Gazelle to attack closer airbases if necessary then. No need to drag it all the way up north to Ras Al Khaima airbase if that's considered a waste of time.

I never liked the idea of having everything within 5-10 minutes. Phone Booth style is only occasional.

Allright, your missions, your rules. My suggestion would only spice up routine. :)

Hey there? Any Mig19 Aces around? Fell in love with the Mig21 long time ago but now also with the Mig19. However I could use some inspiration to make more out of it. Any good sources or aces around that could share some tips or fly together?

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant