Best Controller For F-18 and F-14

You dont if you play with throttle curves. You can match max mil power to the detent.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Exactly ...I have my curves set to mil power at indent and shaved the indent a little so I can just push through to afterburner.... Easy to do and no lifting.

Edited by Hellcat

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

I've been using a Logitech 3 for about 12 years, it is a good controller and cheap but it's time to retire.

What does the community recommend for the F 14 and F 18? For throttle and controller?

I would now consider something from VKB or Virpil. But as you need a HOTAS, then Virpil is only from those two that offers such from now.

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50-throttle.html

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50cm-grip.html (just the grip!)

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-constellation-delta-grip.html (just the grip!)

That Constellation grip is "Universal" so you likely find it nicer to use, unless you really want authentic "limited" stick.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Another Warthog fan especially the throttle. With the push through detention mod, slew mod, and custom user curve it’s very hard to beat.

On the Harrier, I can set it so that the nozzle hits detent right at 82 degree which is great for hovering/vertical landing. On the Hornet if I want afterburner I just push through the detent, no lifting needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I have a X-55 and would not recommend it. After few months of useage the joystick the joystick buttons stopped working, only way to get them to work is to hit the top of the stick and comes and goes. Springs could be better.

For $250 it's a "great deal" but in order to get a price of $250 they use the cheapest Chinese parts. So don't expect it to last long.

RGB Throttle is ok, but I can't assign RTY dials in DCS and same for M.2/M.3

Oh and for warranty,

I suggest you read this......

I got no where with them, bottom line support is terrible. x56 i expect it to be no better.

if money is not an issue i would recommend getting an fssb r3 lighting...but then you need also a grip (warthog and virpil both compatible).

it is a force sensing base so the stick don’t move (barely like the f16 one) but it is very precise and really suitable for modern fbw jets like the Hornet or the F16 (but for its precision can also be used for every other plane).

i took it for xmas and installed my warthog electronics and grip in it (so it is possible to use the target scripts i already use) and it is really nice

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

On the Harrier, I can set it so that the nozzle hits detent right at 82 degree which is great for hovering/vertical landing.

That is why you do have a nozzle lock knob on the nozzle angle leveler. You set it to 82 degree and you can't pull leveler past it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

My advice : virpil WAR BRD base (no comparison with the warthog gimbal design) + the upcoming Thrustmaster or Realsimulator.com Hornet grip (whichever comes out first).

For throttle, the Thrustmaster TWCS is a good ''hornet like'' solution.

Best hornet throttle replica is currently the (expensive) throttletek product.

Is there a very big différence with War brd base and the warthog base? Or use just based on feeling? Why you say War brd is better? Thanks a lot!

Is there a very big différence with War brd base and the warthog base? Or use just based on feeling? Why you say War brd is better? Thanks a lot!

No comparison ..night and day..Gimbal is way better all metal ...much smoother ...I have both ....

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

The Thrustmaster T1600M is what I use. Uses the same AccuRate technology the Warthog HOTAS uses and it doesn't required you to take out a small loan to buy. Plenty of buttons and I like that the throttle runs on rails instead of a pivot.