DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

While I'm happy that F16 will be coming to DCS allowing me to revisit Falcon 3.0 and 4.0, I'm more happy that the Cobra will be closer to reality. ED/Belsimtek did say that F16 was a priority over the Cobra! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

See Attached... [from youtube comments section]

Thanks, Chuck!! I do have to say, though, this seems highly unlikely. Unless, of course, ED has been secretly working on the F-16 all this time and hasn't said anything, and it's actually over 50% ready to release as I type this, then I really don't have any confidence that we will see it in 2019. 2020? Still just as unlikely. 2021? Maybe. 2022+? That sounds more correct in my head.

Of course, I'd be more than happy to eat my words right here of the forums if I'm proven wrong. But I just don't see any realistic way an F-16 2019 release will happen.

F/A 18C and F-14 could let us play for quite a while. I don't care F-16 or other new modules. ED should take some time to improve the ambient of ATC or other radio, which are really lag behind.

I feel that ATC and weather is what is holding back DCS from being hands down the best sime out there. Prepar3d and X-Plane has civilian planes which will always make it more popular. If DCS can get IFR flight down, ATC, real world weather and the whole earth on top of what we have, then I see DCS having greater share of the market.

F/A 18C and F-14 could let us play for quite a while. I don't care F-16 or other new modules. ED should take some time to improve the ambient of ATC or other radio, which are really lag behind.

+1 :thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I feel that ATC and weather is what is holding back DCS from being hands down the best sime out there. Prepar3d and X-Plane has civilian planes which will always make it more popular. If DCS can get IFR flight down, ATC, real world weather and the whole earth on top of what we have, then I see DCS having greater share of the market.

+1:thumbup:

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

As much as I whish a F-16C in DCS the much I hate already when it will be released.

I have been involved for years in the Falcon 4 area. Without any doubt the best F16C sim out there and the dynamic campaign are unsurpassed.

But to make it very clear, Falcon 4, is an F-16C Block 52. ED always said that they will not release a Block 52. As such you get a downrated F-16.

No APG-83 AESA, no ALQ-165, no AGM-88, no Link16

In short -> For me better no F-16 than the outdated one.

Besides this, the BMS team, if ED would make the effort to get these guys onboard, the F-16 would already be finished ...

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

As much as I whish a F-16C in DCS the much I hate already when it will be released.

I have been involved for years in the Falcon 4 area. Without any doubt the best F16C sim out there and the dynamic campaign are unsurpassed.

But to make it very clear, Falcon 4, is an F-16C Block 52. ED always said that they will not release a Block 52. As such you get a downrated F-16.

In short -> For me better no F-16 than the outdated one.

Besides this, the BMS team, if ED would make the effort to get these guys onboard, the F-16 would already be finished ...

Dont broke rules....

1.15 Discussions of other game companies products are forbidden. We do not allow the discussion, reviewing of, or comparison of other software here. Posting news updates or advertising other products or games is also forbidden (unless approved by an admin). Abuse of other companies and/or anyone related to those companies will not be tolerated. ED also reserves the right to remove any thread or post about another game or company it deems doesn't comply with this rule.

Dinamic Campaing / RTS has in progress. We dont know the weapons, Systems and capabilities of a ED F-16. And maintain constructive critics.

ED always said that they will not release a Block 52. As such you get a downrated F-16.

You should pay more attention to announcements before complaining, ED is looking to make a block 50, which only difference with block 52 is engines :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3510410&postcount=144

"With the F-16C block 50, Mi-24P, AH-1S Huey Cobra and F-4E in the development pipeline, the future is very exciting."

Edited by cypc

"You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to your level of preparation."

You should pay more attention to announcements before complaining, ED is looking to make a block 50, which only difference with block 52 is engines :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3510410&postcount=144

Mea culpa - i overead the announcement and had only my earlier discussion with ED in mind

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

This was created by Glowing AMRAAM with a lot of direction from our company owner Nick Grey. I had a very minor role.

GA’s work has always been excellent and I was really happy when you brought him on board officially. This video is easily one of his best! (Really oddball choice of music too...but it works!)

I hope all of the ED team gets some much deserved time off for the next week or two!

Really excited for 2019 and the Viper!!! A million thanks guys!!

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

is an F-16C Block 52. ED always said that they will not release a Block 52. As such you get a downrated F-16.

This will be the biggest challenge ED will have with the DCS F-16, fighting all the misconceptions people have about the F-16.

F-16 upgrades are not sequential and not indicated by the block number, there are some block 20 that are more advance that some block 52. It all depends on the year, the country and some times, the specific F-16.

Other sims have never had a specific F-16, they have always been an amalgam from all the different version into one.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Thanks, Chuck!! I do have to say, though, this seems highly unlikely. Unless, of course, ED has been secretly working on the F-16 all this time and hasn't said anything, and it's actually over 50% ready to release as I type this, then I really don't have any confidence that we will see it in 2019. 2020? Still just as unlikely. 2021? Maybe. 2022+? That sounds more correct in my head.

Of course, I'd be more than happy to eat my words right here of the forums if I'm proven wrong. But I just don't see any realistic way an F-16 2019 release will happen.

It's been in development since 2008. So one would think it's pretty close to completion. I'm sure there were some things reworked on the 3D modeling side since 2008.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=503375&postcount=332

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Instead of that wall of text, you could've at least linked that Youtube stream.

Information Policy Department RAC «MiG»

Contact

Director of the Department Anastasia *********

Email:

presscenter@rsk-mig.ru

Why don't you ask them yourself why they don't release technical data so you can play a video game?

Of course this is all an elaborate ruse, there really are 4th gen Russian full fidelity modules in DCS they just aren't selling them to people who whine about it on the forums. You have to have a special product code to unlock the full fidelity modules. Again, common sense people.

You can link to my post, I'm the primary source. There's a whole bunch of other people who have heard WAGs answer this question ad nauseam as well. If you choose not to believe us that's your prerogative.

I looked with a quick search on Youtube, it was a guy with a nasally voice who did a live stream with Wags with chat questions. It was over a year ago, I don't remember the name or channel.

There's a whole bunch of other people who have heard WAGs answer this question ad nauseam as well. If you choose not to believe us that's your prerogative.

I looked with a quick search on Youtube, it was a guy with a nasally voice who did a live stream with Wags with chat questions. It was over a year ago, I don't remember the name or channel.

I believe you're referring to this video. I'm not going to bother to look through it to find out when he said it.

ETA: The comment is at 1:03:39.

I would like to stress this is not the only time this has been said by someone at ED.

Here is the thread this whole thing comes from...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=190813

Note synopsis at Post 13

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3197888&postcount=13

Edited by aileron

That's the one, thanks Aileron.

I'm working on a custom loop for my new build and doing benchmarks. I like a good counterfactual argument over something historical but these boards can really get really silly sometimes.

The F-16 were going to get is going to be circa Desert Storm/Gulf War I or earlier. The radars, black boxes, jammers, data links, munitions, and flux capacitors have gotten way more advanced since then. There are still F-16s coming off the production line with stuff we won't get an accurate sim of till like 2050. The only country besides the US and NATO allies that probably get the full monty with all the bells and whistles are Israeli versions. But they have an indigenous aerospace industry that can build that state of the art stuff. We should all be very happy with any block 5X we can get.

For the more modern stuff NATO/Cold War etc. We are just going to get close approximations. Arguing about radar ranges, IRST ranges, IFF, missile avoidance TTPS, comparative rates of turn, and other hush hush stuff of aircraft still in real world use is pointless. We should be more worried about game play balance for more recent aircraft. Arguments about radar ranges and missile envelopes will never be accurate. It's fun to speculate based on open source information but this is just a game.

For the people who don't understand the gravity of these things in the real world, go and take a road trip out to Nevada and visit Groom Lake. Don't worry about those signs that say "Deadly Force Authorized" just keep on going...

It's been in development since 2008. So one would think it's pretty close to completion. I'm sure there were some things reworked on the 3D modeling side since 2008.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=503375&postcount=332

Wow. They've really kept a tight lid on things. I hope it really has been in development all this time and hasn't been on the back burner.

All i can comment about seeing that little tease at the end is that a new pair of pants was needed shortly after:megalol:

But seriously, i'm just happy the Viper is much closer than i expected it to be. Thank you ED, a 1000 times over.:thumbup:

We should be more worried about game play balance for more recent aircraft.

Really disagree with you here. I know we can only get approximations but these approximations should be as close as possible. Balancing destroys the nature of this sim. Equal unit are not always fielded against each other. Dissimilar weapons demand different tactics and if one side outclasses the other asymmetric warfare. Most of us are here for realism, not air quake.

Really disagree with you here. I know we can only get approximations but these approximations should be as close as possible. Balancing destroys the nature of this sim. Equal unit are not always fielded against each other. Dissimilar weapons demand different tactics and if one side outclasses the other asymmetric warfare. Most of us are here for realism, not air quake.

This, fifty times. Probably more, if you quote every time something similar got posted here. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

F16 coming in 2019?

already? Hornet isnt even out of EA. Id hope they manage to finish that within the 2019 timeframe before leaping to to a F16 release ( even if its only EA with missing features)

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD