Cartoon character intellectual property in User File upload section

NeoHelios

Hi Community,

TLDR: Am I allowed to slap an image of the Roadrunner cartoon character on the nose of a Viggen, and distribute it to the community via the User File download area without fear of it being removed?

I'm trying to answer a question about using intellectual property such as cartoon characters on skins/Liveries. Nothing crazy like a full-on "no regrets" Mickey Mouse Club Disney skin for the F-15 (God, help me, if I ever see that!) Something more or less military-appropriate, like the Time Warner cartoon character Road Runner as nose art on a Viggen, or maybe tail art of the Tasmanian Devil on a Harrier tail.

Here are examples of cartoon characters used in military insignia:

il_340x270.835013298_4zej.jpg

ROADRUNR.JPG

B-24J-45-sn-42-73427-43rd%20BG-64Th%20BS%20Come%20And%20Get%20It.jpg

To what degree is cartoon character usage permissible on these skins as User File uploads? I don't want to be an armchair attorney, here, but would nose/tail art be covered under 5% / derivative works rule or anything, or are the User File upload rules more conservative than that?

Thank you!

Edited by NeoHelios

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-16 Viper :: F-14 Tomcat :: F-18 Hornet :: A-10C Warthog :: AV-8B Harrier II :: AJS-37 Viggen :: Ka-50 Black Shark

vCG-1 callsign: Cloudy