Gun effectiveness

I'm not sure whether this post belongs here, but have to ask.

For some time now, I've noticed that it's vastly better carrying GUV-8700 gun pods instead of UPK-23-250. Apparently, 12,7 mm Yak-B has much greater armor penetrating power than 23 mm GSh-23L in game. And somewhat higher rate of fire.

The other day I tested that in a mission and results made me wonder whether something is off. Basically, from very close or even point blank distances, I fired at different angles at BTR-D, and after spending all of the ammunition (it's hard to aim with Mi-8, my excuse for bad piloting ;) ), BTR-D was damaged approximately 80 %.

Although not knowing the selected type of ammunition "loaded" in gun pods, the result is still hardly believable. BTR-D has 15 mm (front) and 10 mm (rest of body) aluminum armor, which should be penetratable by either 12,7 mm AP or 23 mm AP from distance of several hundred meters.

On the other hand, two GUV-8700 pods with 12.7 mm Yak-Bs make short work of entire column of lightly armored vehicles, while GShG-7.62s effectively (read devastatingly) deal with soft-skinned vehicles and infantry. As it is now, UPK-23-250 pods are of not much use.

Edited by Rabb