Winds of Change! A Parting of Ways

Cobra847

I wish both teams all the best and good luck. I'm lucking forward to what they both will bring to us and DCS in the future :)

And thanks for all the work that has been done in the past! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good luck! I trust that the aircraft are in good hands, both on the Leatherneck and the Heatblur side :)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I wish you all the best, Nicholas. You're doing a great work :thumbup:

• Like 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

Sad to hear you guys are parting ways, but glad to hear it is an amicable parting of ways. Wish the best of luck to both teams.

Hmmm, looks like we need a new 3rd party forum section :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Sorry but why this change? From Leatherneck to Magnitude 3?

Leatherneck split into two companies, Magnitude 3, which are the guys who did the MiG-21, minus Cobra, and Heatblur, which is the team behind the Viggen and Tomcat. Magnitude 3 will continue to develop the MiG-21 and Corsair.

Sorry but why this change? From Leatherneck to Magnitude 3?

I think this is a possible answer to your question.

As you know, a business development resembles real life in many aspects; and apart from the amazing experiences we’ve had these years, there have also been some business and management issues and disagreements within our team. As in real life, problems have to be dealt with in a rational manner in order to keep things moving forward. This often results in having to make hard decisions for a better and more secure future.

The Leatherneck Simulations team separated into two companies (Magnitude 3 and Heatblur Simulations) due to the above reason.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that the departing members are more interested in WWII dev and Heatblur are more interested in jets. This is a labor of love, not money, and it's likely most of the people in this biz could make more money elsewhere. Good coders and digital art people are ALWAYS in demand. Could be totally wrong, though. *shrug*

Hopefully both groups can now pursue what they're most passionate about and provide us more great moduless in the future!

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that the departing members are more interested in WWII dev and Heatblur are more interested in jets. This is a labor of love, not money, and it's likely most of the people in this biz could make more money elsewhere. Good coders and digital art people are ALWAYS in demand. Could be totally wrong, though. *shrug*

Hopefully both groups can now pursue what they're most passionate about and provide us more great moduless in the future!

You didn't have to hazard a guess, though.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be that the departing members are more interested in WWII dev and Heatblur are more interested in jets.

Perhaps, but odds are that it relates to issues beyond the module or DCS.

Business partnerships are tough, especially as they grow larger (like 4 equal members). A group may form around a particular project, but it doesn't mean that they share common circumstances, views, or financial/lifestyle needs. Once a business starts to grow (or some members want it to grow), there can be hard decisions and a lot of stress created.

Especially with issues like finances: how much net income should be re-invested vs taken as salary, what are reasonable risks for expected rewards, how much debt can be tolerated versus working capital kept on hand...

These things can get intense when it is your livelihood. If someone feels that they are taking too much risk or taking risk for someone else's priorities; it gets uncomfortable and some may want out.

Even when everyone agrees on a plan and it seems like a great way to go, living it can be very different than planning for it.

Thats my guess, though our guesses hardly matter. :)

-Nick

• Like 1

Well I hope it works out for both companies - it now seems we have talented teams for both the F-14 and the Corsair - this is excellent news for DCS players.

The Mig-21 and AJS-37 are both top shelf modules, things are looking exciting!

I just hope there is no bad blood between the teams, business stuff always gets complicated especially for passionate people with their drive to work on their baby.

I'm really sorry to see LNS Dissolving it's Partnership,But I do understand when Very Talented and Passionate Creators are on one team that's going in different directions.This can weaken The Team as a whole.

All The Best to both new companies.

• Like 1

Patrick

mini.gif

Best of luck to both teams, I hope the transitions into two induvidual companies goes well and that both teams can continue their work in the way they want to on good terms with each other after the transition.

Modules: too many

System: I7-7700K, GTX 2080 Super, 64GB DDR4, 500GB SSD, 3TB HDD.

Wow, not sure what to think about this.

I remember when the MiG-21 project started under completely different name, then the entire thing blew up under circumstances unclear to this day, and LN team was then formed to finish the work... And now they are breaking up again, this time luckily in far less dramatic / more transparent way.

I sincerely hope that both developers will be able to secure enough funds and talented employees to keep running with no issues, and we will have two companies sucesfully creating high quality content instead just one.

Wish you all guys best of luck and hang tough! :thumbup:

Wow, not sure what to think about this.

I remember when the MiG-21 project started under completely different name, then the entire thing blew up under circumstances unclear to this day, and LN team was then formed to finish the work... And now they are breaking up again, this time luckily in far less dramatic / more transparent way.

I sincerely hope that both developers will be able to secure enough funds and talented employees to keep running with no issues, and we will have two companies sucesfully creating high quality content instead just one.

Wish you all guys best of luck and hang tough! :thumbup:

wow i didnt even know mig21 started under entirely different banner before Leatherneck. SO they teamed up just for the Mig then? or somedifferences of opinion with current direction and projects?

well its a shame to see the teams split, but good look to both i guess.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

There is one key thing missing for the Viggen through:

The theater.

The Viggen is misplaced in Georgia, Nevada and France.

I sure hope the Viggen theater is not affected by these changes..

arent just about all western aircraft misplaced in Caucasus?

last time i checked USAF did not participate in the russo georgian war

neither did ww2 US/german aircraft, Korean jets , nor legacy fighters like the F5E or Mig21bis :smartass:

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

arent just about all western aircraft misplaced in Caucasus?

last time i checked USAF did not participate in the russo georgian war

neither did ww2 US/german aircraft, Korean jets , nor legacy fighters like the F5E or Mig21bis :smartass:

C'mon, for sure you must be wrong ;). Last time I've checked many of the MP servers have scenarios with those aircrafts. Actually all of them, WW2, 1'st to 4'th gen jets at the same time and obviously F-15 and Su-27 fighting side by side on both sides.

Being serious however. Just recently I've been collecting information for mission building. There are no fighters in Georgian AF. As for strikers - 11 Su-25, 6 of them modernized, trainers - four L-39 and four L-29, 12 Mi-24 (some modernized), a number of Mi-8 and UH-1H and then a number of transport aircrafts and search and rescue helicopters. The only one fighter, a single MiG-21 was rumored to be in service of Abkhazian air forces.

By the way, interesting fact is that after collecting some brief information about the region one call easily learn how far the Caucasus map is from reality. Some of the airfields, AB that we currently have don't exist anymore. On the other hand some important locations (airbases, harbours, etc..) are not modeled. Really looking forward to the upgraded version of the map.

Coming back to the topic, the map is not the main constraint but the lack of AI units from the era is. Having units from Korean conflict period it would be possible to setup interesting missions for 1'st gen jets even over Caucasus. In opposite situation, without units and with Korea map not much could be achieved apart of some dog-fighting.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all