DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Hey guys! I have a question, and I am not going to go through 153 pages to try to find an answer: Will SRS and DCS get merged eventually, in some way or another, or will it remain separate?

Unless something is in the works behind the scenes, then no. SRS is a standalone mod, not a module.

And to be honest I prefer it this way. Just imagine how broken this would be if it was incorporated into DCS :D

• Like 1

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Ciri, know you are a busy man, but did you ever get a chance to add those controllers? Thanks

Sage

Sorry I totally forgot!!!

I'm away at the minute but hassle me next week if I don't get round to it :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

DCS Simple Radio and the A-10C.

Mr. Fisher, great work on Simple Radio.

I would like to make a suggestion for the A-10C. Currently DCS Simple Radio doesn't take into account the settings on the AN/AIC-18 Intercom Panel. That panel would not block the pilot from transmitting when hitting the HOTAS push to talk, but I think you should be able to block incoming reception by muting the VHF_AM, VHF_FM, or UHF radio by push/pulling that knob for that channel. Also the individual volume knobs as well as the master volume knob on the AIC-18 does not have any affect on the audio level in DCS Simple Radio.

Implementing the AN/AIC-18 for the A-10C would make using the radio more complicated, but more realistic.

For example, for max VHF_AM volume heard through your headset:

1. ARC-186 VHF_AM Volume knob set to max.

2. AN/AIC-18 Intercom VHF_AM volume knob set to max.

3. AN/AIC-18 Intercom Master Volume set to max.

4. AN/AIC-18 Intercom VHF_AM (Enable/Disable) set to Enable, otherwise its muted.

5. Assuming all other factors are set correctly like proper frequency, radios powered, etc.

This would mean a lot to sim pit builders as it increases the realistic use of the hardware panels.

Hi,

I am not able to open SRS; give me this error in the log:

17:54:01 Ciribob.DCS.SimpleRadio.Standalone.Client.Audio.AudioPreview Error starting audio Input - Quitting! Unable to load DLL 'opus.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

What I have to do?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

132virtualwing.org

There is in the: c/program files/DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua

DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua

DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua

DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg

DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

Opus.dll

In the c/User/myname/SavedGames/DCS/Scripts

DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua

DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg

Export.lua (with inside at the last row: local dcsSr=require('lfs') ;dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

But it doesn't work for me.

Edited by _Lion_

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

132virtualwing.org

There is in the: c/program files/DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone

DCS-SRS-AutoConnectGameGUI.lua

DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua

DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg

Opus.dll

In the c/User/myname/SavedGames/DCS/Scripts

DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua

DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg

Export.lua (with inside at the last row: local dcsSr=require('lfs') ;dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

But doesn't work for me.

Where is the SR executable located?

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

DCS Simple Radio and the A-10C.

Mr. Fisher, great work on Simple Radio.

I would like to make a suggestion for the A-10C. Currently DCS Simple Radio doesn't take into account the settings on the AN/AIC-18 Intercom Panel. That panel would not block the pilot from transmitting when hitting the HOTAS push to talk, but I think you should be able to block incoming reception by muting the VHF_AM, VHF_FM, or UHF radio by push/pulling that knob for that channel. Also the individual volume knobs as well as the master volume knob on the AIC-18 does not have any affect on the audio level in DCS Simple Radio.

Implementing the AN/AIC-18 for the A-10C would make using the radio more complicated, but more realistic.

For example, for max VHF_AM volume heard through your headset:

1. ARC-186 VHF_AM Volume knob set to max.

2. AN/AIC-18 Intercom VHF_AM volume knob set to max.

3. AN/AIC-18 Intercom Master Volume set to max.

4. AN/AIC-18 Intercom VHF_AM (Enable/Disable) set to Enable, otherwise its muted.

5. Assuming all other factors are set correctly like proper frequency, radios powered, etc.

This would mean a lot to sim pit builders as it increases the realistic use of the hardware panels.

I'll look at adding this at some point. The volume controls on individual radios work as a stand in for this panel currently.

Its all in LUA so if anyone wants to have a go, that would be appreciated as im not quite sure i understand how the panel works. Will need to have a play with it :)

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

New RELEASE Version - 1.3.3.0

.NET Version - PLEASE INSTALL THIS or it may not work: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=53345

Windows 7/8/10 N Users - PLEASE INSTALL THIS OR IT WILL NOT WORK - Adds the media codecs you need which are removed in the N Version - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3145500/media-feature-pack-list-for-windows-n-editions - You'll know when you get the audio initialisation error :)

This release is a minor bug fix release. No Major Features added :)

KNOWN BUG

If you get lag while using the radio, press L Ctrl + L Shift + L to fix. This is a DCS bug i'm trying to work around and is triggered by pressing L Ctrl + L. It doesn't matter if that key is bound or not, it'll still cause lag when you press it

Changelog

• Whitelisted F16-MFDs & Leo Input Box
  • Fixed 1px black square for some users that have not moved or used the overlay. Please report these bugs directly as I only found out about it after stumbling across another thread! :)
  • Fixed uninstaller to be much safer. Containing folder is now left in place just in case the Radio was installed somewhere odd! (sorry to whoever it was that was stung by this... )

Overlay and Overlay Configuration

The overlay has 3 states, hidden, small & full that you can see by pressing Left Control + Left Shift + Escape by default.

The Full state has a title bar that you can click and drag the window around with. The window position will be saved for when DCS is next opened.

The radio status is removed after 5 seconds if SRS is closed or loses server connection

To configure the overlay hotkey, run DCS once to create a config file in Saved GamesDCSConfig which will look something like so and quit DCS:

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+escape",
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Edit the "Hotkey" section and add the characters from the keyboard you'd like to use instead. i.e

config = 
{
   ["mode"] = "minimum",
   ["hotkey"] = "Ctrl+Shift+1", -- now uses the combination of ctrl shift and 1 together to toggle
   ["windowPosition"] = 
   {
       ["y"] = 342,
       ["x"] = 981,
   }, -- end of ["windowPosition"]
} -- end of config

Dont forget to restart DCS after editing this file or you wont see the changes.

If you want to remove the overlay entirely and never use it, just delete:

• DCS-SRS-Overlay.dlg
  • DCS-SRS-OverlayGameGUI.lua

In Saved GamesDCSScripts

Preset Channel Configuration

Preset channels can be created for all FC3 aircraft and all expansion radios for Non FC3.

Channel presets are created per Radio - full list of names & frequencies here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tzd996zJ1t0heZ-t1PpL7vNUIZbXl7pI6De0GThN1Qw/edit#gid=1869108790 )

Preset files are named after the radio (no special characters needed & case is ignored) and are text files with a single frequency on each line.

For example, to create a fixed channel list for the first UHF radio in the F15C:

Create a file called ANARC-164 UHF1.txt or anarc164 UHF1.txt where you installed SimpleRadio Standalone (where the client exe is), add frequencies and save.

The file will be automatically loaded when that radio appears on an aircraft. The frequency list can also be manually reloaded with the reload button. The files are per radio not per aircraft.

As always, thanks for the support and let me know if there are any issues!

Dedicated support now available on Discord: https://discord.gg/baw7g3t

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST RELEASE: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/latest

Video Demo

• Like 1

I have a question about the selectable record and play devices. I use some virtual sound cables and when I start simple radio it always chooses the wrong recording device. It does not remember the one I selected last time. Is it something wrong that I did or is the preference not saved?

Nice!

Is the IRL_RADIO_STATIC still a WIP or a FFTTI (feel free to try it)?

Not implemented yet :)

* Disagrees *

Hi Ciribob, is there a way to make the radio load up the text files channels when i enter the pit? Doesn't seem to do that.

It should do... When the radio goes live, the file of that radio name should be automatically loaded.

I'll try to reproduce but last time I checked it was working.

Could you post the radio file that isn't loading?

I have a question about the selectable record and play devices. I use some virtual sound cables and when I start simple radio it always chooses the wrong recording device. It does not remember the one I selected last time. Is it something wrong that I did or is the preference not saved?

Hmm it should save but it's based on vendor id rather than instance id which is I think the issue.

Could you post a screenshot of your dropdown showing all the devices in SRS and your logs?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

* Disagrees *

Hi Ciribob, is there a way to make the radio load up the text files channels when i enter the pit? Doesn't seem to do that.

The channels should be loaded any time an aircraft is spawned that uses that *exact* radio. Be very careful that your filename is exactly the same as the name of the radio model (though I believe spaces are optional)

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

That's what you get for not phrasing correctly :P The channels load but no channel is set when the file exists and you enter the pit. I guess there's no option for that yet(?).

What if you would put a * in front of a frequency to always load that channel once you enter the aircraft. Like:

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.