HDG Select

Skyracer

To set the autopilot HDG course is it possible to go via the UFC. Because when i push the HDG switch, something goes up on the UFC panel. Im wondering is it possible to set the HDG via the UFC?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Yes.you can input a HDG course via UFC

Ok but how?

I checked manual and chucks guide.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

To follow up on Squirrel’s post:

Once you put in the number on UFC, and press ENT, you can go to the original UFC A/P controls and press HSEL and the aircraft should turn to the selected heading.

So here’s an example, assuming BALT (baro alt hold) also engaged for perfect straight and level flight using specific heading value placed in UFC (instead of slewing the bug only)

So in order:

-Press and hold HDG bug switch left or right until HSEL appears on UFC

-Enter desired heading value in scratchpad

-Press ENT on keypad

-Press UFC A/P

-Select Heading Mode (:HSEL)

To follow up on Squirrel’s post:

Once you put in the number on UFC, and press ENT, you can go to the original UFC A/P controls and press HSEL and the aircraft should turn to the selected heading.

So here’s an example, assuming BALT (baro alt hold) also engaged for perfect straight and level flight using specific heading value placed in UFC (instead of slewing the bug only)

So in order:

-Press and hold HDG bug switch left or right until HSEL appears on UFC

-Enter desired heading value in scratchpad

-Press ENT on keypad

-Press UFC A/P

-Select Heading Mode (:HSEL)

Thats nice!

Can i set the HDG directly at the UFC A/P? Or do i need to go via the HDG bug switch.

Both HSEL and CSEL can be inputted from the UFC, just hold down the respective rockers.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.