Bf 109 takeoff problems

Jurassic_LP

The answer is yes but it won't be pretty. You will be buying some new tires and new brakes before too long. And you run the risk of a brake locking up on you on takeoff, which has killed more than one pilot on takeoff and landing. I personally saw this happen at Sun n Fun back in the late 90's with a Sea Fury. Not good.

So just use a little brake and rudder up to about 80kph. Then she should be on rudder alone. Of course if there is a crosswind you will have to cope with other controls. Pilots don't use just one technique all the time. Actually the best thing you can do is be slow and smooth with the throttle.

Because some guys posted videos in this thread and others that it is possible since the new ground physics update. I wouldnt take of that way and I dont think real world pilots would risk that in a 109.

@ wolf i do not have any assistence on and have no big trouble taking of.

Edited by rogonaut

Because some guys posted videos in this thread and others that it is possible since the new ground physics update. I wouldnt take of that way and I dont think real world pilots would risk that in a 109.

@ wolf i do not have any assistence on and have no big trouble taking of.

Yes sorry misunderstanding. Personally I can mange take off with no brake input in the initial stage, as my rudder will not become effective until I have picked up speed. No rudder or even brake input proved impossible for me, especially in adverse weather conditions.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,