devices gray out

Hi all,

I have been flying the Hornet for a good while, using 2 and 3 MFDs. No problem, all devices are usable from the binding screen.

However, today I switched to the A-10C Real profile, and found out some devices are gray out so I can´t bind anything to them.

I reckon I should edit the .lua files to make the devices usable for the A-10C module, but can´t figure out what and how.

Any help, please?

20190102172345_1.thumb.jpg.600ab19eda61dc41dd800657339ee7a6.jpg

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Im messing around with the saved games input files and the ones from the main DCS folder, but with no results.

Harrier and A-10C are the messed profiles, F-18 is fine.

more tests tomorrow

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

ok, so long story short.

I have been playing DCS for a year. I have added new USB devices, such as a 3rd MFD or Buddy-Fox UFC.

My A-10C and Harrier profiles haven´t been loaded ever with the new hardware. Hence today I found out I can´t assign what I want to the new devices. They appear when those profiles are selected, but grayed out.

I have been messing around the Input folders from both Saved Games and Program files to no avail.

how do I reset the keybinds and enable all devices for Harrier and Warthog? Im trying to delete the Input folder and then running a verifying local files, but no positive results.

Reinstalling the whole sim, great...

Have you just ttried it? TM Warthog just works out of the box. There is nothing you have to configure. Although I'm not sure why the columns are greyed out. Did you just try to fly it?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Have you just ttried it? TM Warthog just works out of the box. There is nothing you have to configure. Although I'm not sure why the columns are greyed out. Did you just try to fly it?

hi,

I have been flying with the _Warthog + 2 MFDs for months. Then the Hornet came out last summer, didn´t fly anything else till mid november... then I bought a T-50 base and a 3rd MFD. Flying 100% Hornet time since then. Then I bought the UFC. I switched and rotated 180º the MFDs for better position at my desk mount.

Everything works great.

So this week I wanted to come back to A-10 and Harrier.

If a press my left MFD, is binded to right MFD in-game. And the same command is greyed out for my right MFD, so I can´t reassign it.

And vice versa. So the wrong bindings are stuck, I can´t figure out how to edit the .lua files to make the new hardware available.

Joystick and throttle are ok. The 3 MFDs and the UFC are not.

So my guess is some old configuration is stuck, deep into the DCS multiple subfolders, stopping me from changing anything.

Even deleting the whole "Input" folder from X:\Saved Games\DCS didn´t improve anything.

Tried verifying the local files (Steam version here), no joy.

Or maybe those updates that messed up the controls and bindings several weeks ago up to a point there is no alternative than re-installing.

However I´m not certain reinstalling is going to solve the problem.