Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But will be added in future for English avionics language set in settings menu? So, when flying a Russian bird crew can speak English to pilot?

One way of getting around this проблема is to simply replace the audio files in \Sounds\Speech\Sound\RUS\Mi-8MT\

and \Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Sounds\Speech\RUS\MI-8MTV2\ with the equivalent files from the "ENG" folders. I do it using a simple JSGME mod for easy activation/deactivation, and it passes the integrity check (at least in 2.1).

This is feature within DCS itself. And ED doesn't want to change it for their own reasons..

This is very disappointing, the expectation from ED is for English users when flying a Russian MI-8 to have the AI helicopter crew, which is supposed to be an assist to the human English speaking pilot... Speak Russian to said pilot. At the very least give us English subtitles to what the crew is telling us but keep the Russian voices as a sensible work around, but having them speak English to us would be better solution.

I fail to see the logic in this decision and I wish Belsimtek would ask this issue to be re-visited by the entities involved. I can see this as being a future issue with the MI-24 with AI pilot or Gunner communicating to the player as well.

Thanks for consideration of my input. I'm sure a well thought out happy medium could be reached, the end user should not have to modify game files on their install to discern what their AI crew is trying to communicate to them in another language, in this case Russian.

One way of getting around this проблема is to simply replace the audio files in \Sounds\Speech\Sound\RUS\Mi-8MT\

and \Mods\aircraft\Mi-8MTV2\Sounds\Speech\RUS\MI-8MTV2\ with the equivalent files from the "ENG" folders. I do it using a simple JSGME mod for easy activation/deactivation, and it passes the integrity check (at least in 2.1).

Please share your JSGME/OvGME version in the mod section, very interested in this.

Did the flight model on the mi8 get updated recently? I took a few months off from flying it and now it seems really different and much more twitchy than it did. I know with the Huey being updated recently I thought maybe the mi8 might have gotten some love too?

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

maybe the mi8 might have gotten some love too?

I fly her a lot and I'm pretty certain the FM hasn't changed. However, the AP pitch/roll channel was retuned:

Refinement of tuning for AP-34B autopilot was done in pitch-roll channel

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3317196&postcount=38

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Yah, haven't noticed delta FM.

BTW, off topic, but congrats Msalama on recent Huey Love. Know you've been pulling for it a long time.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Since the 2.2 update, I flew the MI-8 before I flew the Huey and then the MI-8 afterwards. Generally in 2.2, I feel a far better feeling of direct sim to real controller interaction. A far greater and faster input and response on visual feedback.

I guess fluidity between need and response is smoother and quicker.... wetter is the feeling when bringing these birds to yield. The Gazelle is a critical yard stick when it comes to eye hand co-ordination and it does indeed feel cleaner and tighter from the get go.

The base programme, DCS world, has just got more fluid.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 weeks later...
How did this Video? looks very nice...thumbup.gif

I guess they’ll correct me if I’m wrong, but I have seen this video linked from the Belsimtec staff before, and I think I remember a comment in that post saying that one of the Belsimtec staff was flying...

But I might be remembering wrong and I can’t search right now because breakfast is calling :-)

Cheers.

• 1 year later...

It makes me sad checking this Forum for the last 2 years and seeing no news at all for the Mi-8, I think the only consolation is to think that you guys are working on the Mi-24P.

we rotor heads really need something new from you awesome people of Belsimtek !

It makes me sad checking this Forum for the last 2 years and seeing no news at all for the Mi-8, I think the only consolation is to think that you guys are working on the Mi-24P.

we rotor heads really need something new from you awesome people of Belsimtek !

To be fair, there have been quiet a number of updates and improvements to the Mi-8 since release. However, the one thing the Mi-8 really needs in multiplayer crew, especially pilot, co-pilot and gunner positions. I really hope this still happens! :helpsmilie:

From the most recent development shots we have seen, the Mi-24P still seems some way off at this stage. Hope I'm wrong on that.

However, the one thing the Mi-8 really needs in multiplayer crew, especially pilot, co-pilot and gunner positions.

Oh really? I claim that a cockpit graphic overhaul is very good for the module.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 5 months later...

The Mi-8 is my favorite!

Multicrew would be nice but not more. MY opinion.

I would like to see an expansion pack for the Mi-8.

Pay 15 Bucks and we will get an bombing vizier and cluster bombs or firebombs.

Or an ground crew team. Medical Team. Visible units in the cargo bay if you are transporting troops. A winch for fastroping special unit and so on. No pay to win strategie, but cooler gadgets for those who want an extra for their beloved module.

Its an win win Situation.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II