[WIP] JF-17 DataLink

[PTF]Ali

F-16 has Link 16; JF-17 has Link 17 (yes, really).

JF-17 has the more advanced datalink, and can't interop with Link 16.

JF-17 is NOT seeing F-16 targets, but AWACS datalink targets.

AFAIK it's not possible at this time for the JF-17 to directly datalink with another non-JF-17 aircraft. AWACS required (E-3A or A-50, but it might work with E-2D as well - not tried).

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

F-16 F-18 use Link16 while Jf-17 use Link-17, they are different systems , so they can not cooperate with each other.

Fow now, U can use an E-2 or E-3 as a birdge since AWACS can operate both system, it will distribute contact info into both network.

Note: A50 use a different DL protocol, and currently it has some problem link with jeff, so we use the SADL awacs instead for a temporary solution.

Deka Ironwork Tester Team

SADL AWACS? Which one is that?

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I'm sure I had it working with an A-50. Let me check the mission I set up!

EDIT2: It's not working.

Edited by Tiger-II

I'm sure I had it working with an A-50. Let me check the mission I set up!

EDIT2: It's not working.

it will not my friend they are different systems with different network even with AWACS as Hub that will include every fighter connected to AWACS not just JF-17 and F-16

JF-17 17-Link F-16 16-link i dont think this will happen that is why in real life all squadrons are specific with certain kind of fighters ... u can do some Tactical rules with different Fighters but with same system like F/A-18 can do AWACS Rule from high alt at the same Time F-16 flying in low Alt

but u can't replace F/A-18 with JF-17 in this rule ... it will do a different Job like supporting First Wall Formation in defense positions with long shots to do extra push but not Datalink support

So just add E-3A on red side?

AFAIK it's not possible at this time for the JF-17 to directly datalink with another non-JF-17 aircraft. AWACS required (E-3A or A-50, but it might work with E-2D as well - not tried).

Not really. Jeff can see F16 on its datalink without Awacs. Tried and tested

it will not my friend they are different systems with different network even with AWACS as Hub that will include every fighter connected to AWACS not just JF-17 and F-16

JF-17 17-Link F-16 16-link i dont think this will happen that is why in real life all squadrons are specific with certain kind of fighters ... u can do some Tactical rules with different Fighters but with same system like F/A-18 can do AWACS Rule from high alt at the same Time F-16 flying in low Alt

but u can't replace F/A-18 with JF-17 in this rule ... it will do a different Job like supporting First Wall Formation in defense positions with long shots to do extra push but not Datalink support

Jf-17 is receiving F16 Radar contacts, There is no problem with Link 16 and link 17, Only F16 is not getting Jf-17 radar contacts. Is Jf17 datalink output is bugged or work in progress? I want to connect Jf17 and F16 without awac, It is working but F16 is not receiving my JF17 radar contacts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Negative, Jf-17 is receiving F16 Radar contacts without awacs, There is no problem with Link 16 and link 17, Only F16 is not getting Jf-17 radar contacts. Is Jf17 datalink output is bugged or work in progress? I want to connect Jf17 and F16 without awac, It is working but F16 is not receiving my JF17 radar contacts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Datalink Problem

Hi, Recently i noticed F16 is not receving Datalink contacts from link17 Jf17 on the other hand Jf17 is receiving every radar contact from F16 without awac,

My aim is that is there anyway F16 can receive Jf17 contacts without awac even Jf17 is getting radar contacts of f16 without AWAC. Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Negative, Jf-17 is receiving F16 Radar contacts without awacs, There is no problem with Link 16 and link 17, Only F16 is not getting Jf-17 radar contacts. Is Jf17 datalink output is bugged or work in progress? I want to connect Jf17 and F16 without awac, It is working but F16 is not receiving my JF17 radar contacts

dont repeat the answer my friend ..... can u show my how did u perform this test ???

u said that JF-17 can see F-16 targets ... what did u do to confirm that ???

its not about Bugged or something its a different systems with different codes

Edit : read this

https://quwa.org/2016/04/05/link-17-pakistans-homegrown-data-link-system/

Edited by Chiron

I don't think the JF-17 is equipped with Link16/MIDS, so there shouldn't be any datalinking between them at all.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't think the JF-17 is equipped with Link16/MIDS, so there shouldn't be any datalinking between them at all.[/QU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

dont repeat the answer my friend ..... can u show my how did u perform this test ???

u said that JF-17 can see F-16 targets ... what did u do to confirm that ???

its not about Bugged or something its a different systems with different codes

Edit : read this

https://quwa.org/2016/04/05/link-17-pakistans-homegrown-data-link-system/

We are testing JF17 datalink in Satal Diamond match where there is no awac, We tested Jf-17 is receiving F16 Radar contacts without awacs just F16 is not receiving Jf-17 radar data. So tell me how jf17 receiving f16 data without awac but f16 is not, There is clearly problem? And before further discussion can you introduce yourself because i want to ask deka ironwork support.

Edited by AliPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]