Riverside Air Show Pictures (56K picture warning)

A small general aviation field in Riverside, CA had their annual air show on March 31, and while small, it was pretty impressive. Even though it was a fairly clear day with little haze, and the lighting was very good, I still managed to botch a lot of my shots, either by not having a steady enough hand or by not setting the camera right.

Still, I lucked out amd got a few decent shots:

IMG_7116.jpg

IMG_7129.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

IMG_7678.jpg

#5 This guy came through 2 or 3 acts sooner than scheduled, and I ended up taking the pictures of it at only 1/250 because I was expecting prop planes. This was about the only clear one.

IMG_7721.jpg

#6 The Riverside police department did a demonstration chase and then brought in SWAT via a helicopter

IMG_7808.jpg

IMG_7921.jpg

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_8386.jpg

IMG_8116.jpg

Thanks Iguana!

At the very end of the show, they did a C-17 demo. I never really thought a cargo plane demo would be very impressive, but they did an amazing job!

First, they pulled out to the downwind end of the runway, then they backed up nearly the entire length of the runway (a small GA runway), then gunned it and took off. They flew that thing like a fighter.

Here's a shot of the takeoff:

IMG_8439.jpg

Ya, I'v seen the C-17 live before too at Oshkosh this year, the thing did sevetal, 90 degree banks above the airport, landed, backed up,and parked in the same aircraft parking area that i was standing in at the time. (I was talking to an A-10 pilot at the time) they then began to let people tour the plane the next day. the thing was Impressive. The tires were nearly as tall as I was. (Not that I'm the tallest 14-year-old in the world :D ) you could nearly play basket ball in the main storage cabin if you so desired. when it firat landed, there was actually a large SUV inside. (One of the few cars on the road that survived 80+ degree banks :D )

over all, an awesome plane, and much more menoverable than one would imagian.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Thanks for the comments, everybody.

Bummer you missed it, BuzzU, it was a great show. Chino's not too far away, and the Planes of fame museum is having their show May 19 & 20, so you might want to check that out, if you haven't heard of it already. Rumor is they'll have three P-38s flying that day, and usually have a whole bunch of historic aircraft flying. Last year they had something like 25 in the air at once, including a B-17, B-25s, F6Fs, F4Fs, a Zero, P-51s, P-47s, P-40s, and more.

Iguana, the C-17 is the Globemaster III - do you know what plane was the Globemaster II?

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers