F16 development progress

Hummingbird

Agree CZ is critical. Nice to have the AG missiles but CZ will bring greater flexibility to AG employment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Would have preferred ED had held off on the F-16 altogether until the Hornet was in a near finalized state. But what's done is done. I'm just looking forward to fixes to the core of the sim itself as well as to the F/A-18.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

The -16 in a great bird. Are there a lot of things that still need completed? yes of course. But the fact is it's nimble as all get out, has a limited A-G capability, and right now, at least you can read the displays....

Branch Sustainability and Integration Officer

Militarygamers.com

A community for current and former US Service Members. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would have preferred ED had held off on the F-16 altogether until the Hornet was in a near finalized state. But what's done is done. I'm just looking forward to fixes to the core of the sim itself as well as to the F/A-18.

I’m looking forward to the fixes and thoroughly enjoying the Viper as is.

It’s not like the devs planned on delays and it’s not like everyone didn’t know it is early access.

I’d say I’ve already got my money’s worth.

ED, Hurry up and early access the 15C!

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

Many DCS F-16 users swtich to Hornet and don't fly anymore, but ED seem to be updating the F-16 as seen in GOLAN STRIKE video

Just out of curiosity. What have you "seen" in the golan strike video that told you the F-16 was being updated?

I am not asking to be negative, but because I might truly have missed it.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

F16 development progress

As a full paying customer of this over priced module , I am very disappointed about the progress of this module.

It’s now almost a year since it was released and we don’t even have 50% of the features , bugs galore and zero information about the roadmap ahead for the F-16.

It’s about time someone from ED gave us some info about what progress we can expect for the F16. The only recent update we got was a joke - the ability to create waypoints from scratch which should have been done from day 1

Just out of curiosity. What have you "seen" in the golan strike video that told you the F-16 was being updated?

I am not asking to be negative, but because I might truly have missed it.

Wags' comment on the Golan Strike video.

mavHARM.png

I feel the Viper is pretty, looks good and the FBW works like a charm. However, I am frustrated too with the implementation of some systems (I don't care about weapons), having many placeholders on the MFD-pages.

For now, I went to BMS - with growing eagerness. Not as pretty, but a real hardcore F-16 simulation.

That is exactly my point. They have been “working” on the Mavericks since forever. There is zero communication. They seem to be more interested in selling us new maps.

Very disappointed with EDs attitude towards the F-16

Hornet received substantially more features between June 2018 and February 2019 than Viper did between October 2019 and July 2020.

In the same amount of time, Hornet received Mavericks, AMRAAM, HARM, laser GBU series, SA page, JHCMS, FPAS, and so on...

Viper development has been and is significantly slower.

Hi

If you don't want to participate in early access it is best to wait for full release.

It can be a long process, but work continues

thanks

Wait, what?! Is this ED's reply?

The changelogs prove there is no continued work for a long time now.

Edited by stormridersp

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

Hi

Things dont always go to plan, and we have to adapt, we are currently focusing on bug fixes for DCS core and for the viper and hornet.

Next update is scheduled for the 15th, if all goes well, and we will see many fixes added to DCSWorld including fixes for the viper and hornet.

As viper development progresses we will update you all on progress.

Thank you for your patience.

You keep saying the same thing over and over again every month. The problem is there is zero development for the F-16 , no updates from Matt nothing.

Yes, it would have been the honest way of doing business.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

• ED Team
As a full paying customer of this over priced module , I am very disappointed about the progress of this module.

It’s now almost a year since it was released and we don’t even have 50% of the features , bugs galore and zero information about the roadmap ahead for the F-16.

It’s about time someone from ED gave us some info about what progress we can expect for the F16. The only recent update we got was a joke - the ability to create waypoints from scratch which should have been done from day 1

Hi

Sorry you are frustrated, and we do understand. Early access can be a long process, we are great-full for the support and the bug reports from users as we progress, it is vital for the early access.

We are currently focusing on bug fixes for DCS core and for the viper and hornet, the next patch is planned for the 15th.

As we progress we will update you with videos of new features and mini updates here on the forum.

Early access is not for everyone and for those who wait for a full release we appreciate their patience.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
You keep saying the same thing over and over again every month. The problem is there is zero development for the F-16 , no updates from Matt nothing.

If we rush a system out that is not ready we get complaints, if we take our time and get it working correctly from day one we get complaints about taking to long.

It does not seem like we can win either way, but it is best to take the time needed to get it right, we have learnt that lesson.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If we rush a system out that is not ready we get complaints, if we take our time and get it working correctly from day one we get complaints about taking to long.

It does not seem like we can win either way, but it is best to take the time needed to get it right, we have learnt that lesson.

thanks

Trust me BIGNEWY, of everyone I fly with in my community the answer is unanimous; take your time and get it working correctly from day one.

For the last couple of months it has been one step forward and two steps back with each patch for us F-16 pilots. Not getting anything at all rather than something that breaks features that previously worked would be much preferred. We just want more communication.

To be honest, I've been getting really fed up with the way the F-16 early access phase has been handled so far, but I will reserve judgement until the 15th and the consecutive patch after that to see if ED really are changing their ways on this issue, which it seems like they are. My hope is all I've got left. :music_whistling:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Thanks Beag Newy for taking your honest answers.

In my opinion its not the time it takes to develop it. What im missing is some sort of Priority List.

I think what you (well maybe not you as a person but ED as a company) has done for the F-18 would be cool?

Show as a list of open topics and let us vote and give us the feeling to take part in the process.

Then merge the list with feedback from Devs and show it to us with at least a veeeeery rough estimation something like Q1 - 2021 or at least the year.

I think patience is not a problem as long as you get the feeling of progress even if there is nothing fancy to show off.

my 2 cents.

thanks

The problem isn't the time you need for development. The problem is you are lying.When you need money at the release of f16 you said both f18 and f16's development will go same speed because we have two seperate teams for each module. But now you took your money from customers and now you are telling we don't want to rush but as you said theese two modules have two different income for you and you need to use them seperately as you promised.

You know why customers complain about just don't act like you don't know it. Please stand behind your promises.

• ED Team
The problem isn't the time you need for development. The problem is you are lying.When you need money at the release of f16 you said both f18 and f16's development will go same speed because we have two seperate teams for each module. But now you took your money from customers and now you are telling we don't want to rush but as you said theese two modules have two different income for you and you need to use them seperately as you promised.

You know why customers complain about just don't act like you don't know it. Please stand behind your promises.

For the record, we did not lie, but people like to say we did, When the situation changed we let everyone know.

We make plans, we give estimates, we have made no promises, but people like to think we do.

We do the best we can to meet our goals, but they are subject to change.

thank you

• ED Team

Hi all

I know many of you are passionate, and some are angry at the progress but please remember the forum rules here in particular 1.10.

rules can be found at the top of the page.

Thank you