[FIXED]ICLS not stabilized

hein22

AFAIK the torsion bar mount reduces pitch oscillations, but doesn't eliminate them. The ACLS needles are gyro stabilized, though (which we will hopefully get soon).

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

AFAIK the torsion bar mount reduces pitch oscillations, but doesn't eliminate them. The ACLS needles are gyro stabilized, though (which we will hopefully get soon).

Good observation. Were you able to watch the track? There we can see how severe the movement is. There is no stabilization of any kind now in SC, hence the report. I hope NL or BN can let us know what the team thinks.

Stay safe

Hi, attached a track where with active pause we can see how the ICLS glideslope is not stabilized. IRL the SPN 41 is mounted on a torsion bar. I don't know about the localizer, I guess it is also bugged but I have no proof.

I just barely started with the new Superboat, haven't seen the track either.

How did you get the deck to move at all?

On my first setup I made the boat sail at 20 knots with 10 knot headwind. Few months ago (forget when the devs neutered the boat) these parameters would've caused nauseating pitch and heave with the CILS all over the HUD. Not anymore... or have you found a way to induce that?

I just barely started with the new Superboat, haven't seen the track either.

How did you get the deck to move at all?

On my first setup I made the boat sail at 20 knots with 10 knot headwind. Few months ago (forget when the devs neutered the boat) these parameters would've caused nauseating pitch and heave with the CILS all over the HUD. Not anymore... or have you found a way to induce that?

Just used the heavy thunderstorm template.

Stay safe

Watch the track and you'll see what I'm talking about :)

I'm not at my rig now but I called my buddy and asked him to set up the tbumbers with rain and turbulence with strong wind. He said the boat is 'on rails'. No movement whatsoever so was the ICLS.

hein22, are we on the same build? Well, I'll double check later on my rig.

I'm not at my rig now but I called my buddy and asked him to set up the tbumbers with rain and turbulence with strong wind. He said the boat is 'on rails'. No movement whatsoever so was the ICLS.

hein22, are we on the same build? Well, I'll double check later on my rig.

I don't know what to say man. Mine was pitching a lot. Not as much as it used to before ED touched something, but it does pitch when thunderstorm.

Stay safe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So as of today's OB update changelog it shows fixed and it appears to be fixed in game.

I've just watched Cmdr. Fravor being interviewed and for once he was talking about something other then tic-tac :thumbup: Lots of details related to Super Hornets and carrier ops.

One of the things he mentioned was CILS and the way the localizer needle was swinging left and right in extreme conditions. The side to side motion of the boat was slightly more then 'normal' so...:noexpression: we probably have to get used to it. The ball is stabilized. Who knows how ED will model ACLS if ever.

The deck motion conditions have to be fixed. We don't need tropical depression winds to make the boat pitch and roll.