What Module?

Delta59R

What Module?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. What Module?

Ignoring the things we know are already in progress, from that list I'd have to take the F-4E. I clicked "other" though, I have a list of wants in my sig ( Lynx, Bucc, Su-22, Hunter, Tempest/Sea Fury, maybe even a Vampire/Venom ) but yes I'd love a Tornado GR1 or equivalent early mark as well. What I don't want is yet another overcomplicated module that takes a decade to finish & makes everything else redundant.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

The best bets for me are probably the Panavia Tornado GR.1 (British IDS variant), failing that the SEPECAT Jaguar GR.3/3A Jaguar '96/97 (GR.3 has an improved HUD, TGP capability (TIALD), terrain matching navigation + GPS and HOTAS layout, GR.3A has everything the GR.3 has but adds a larger MFCD, NVG capable cockpit and a helmet mounted sight system)

Other than those 2 I'd kill for 1950s - 1970s/80s British jets

• Hawker Siddeley Sea Harrier FRS.1
  • Hawker Hunter F.6
  • English Electric Lightning F.6
  • McDonnell Douglas F-4K Phantom FG.1
  • Blackburn Buccaneer S.2D

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I thought the F-4 Phantom II was on hold.. the order was Hind Mi 24. AH-1W, we already have the 18 and 16 in the pipe line, so I believe Phantom would be with a LOT of luck by 2021, 2022 if ever...

Any non american Jet would be a welcome change... A mig 25 a dream, and a Ful fidelity SU 25 or 39 would be awesome too

I thought the F-4 Phantom II was on hold.. the order was Hind Mi 24. AH-1W, we already have the 18 and 16 in the pipe line, so I believe Phantom would be with a LOT of luck by 2021, 2022 if ever...

Any non american Jet would be a welcome change... A mig 25 a dream, and a Ful fidelity SU 25 or 39 would be awesome too

In that interview/news/whatever it was the Cobra was also put on the "like to do" list - I don't think there's anything actually "guaranteed" from ED modern-stream ( the WW2 stuff is from a seperate team ) past the Hind if we're taking that as the official line.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

I'd like an F-4 or the Su-33, but at this stage further modules are becoming a bit pointless until we have the wherewithal to fully exploit them, such as a dynamic campaign, period maps (vietnam\Korea), and a realistic damage model. vulkan and proper VR optimisation should be top priority.

Voted for F-4 and Su-33 too.

I am surprised Su-33 only got a few votes.

Yall dont forget. the F4-Phantom is an Fighter Interceptor.. thats it. One with a poor selection of missiles and no guns. The only thing that made it special was speed. (and only against earlier MiGs.) Compared to the other modules.. the F4 will be out of place. For me building the F4 would mean committing further resources to that era

IF we can model some more allied Korean/SEAsian era jets. and a SE Asia campaign map

A SE Asia map.. and an additional few allied planes to counter the MIGs already designed. The F111 Ardvaark, the Tornado, the A8 or even the A6. We already have the Skyhawk. So the Fighter bomber would be the smart move after the F4.

Beyond this.. the smart move, money wise, would be to start modelling jets like the the Lightening II, Rafale, Typhoon, J10, Raptor.. Thats what would bring the big money

Personally id like to see the p38 lightning or Mosquito modeled, but ww2 and prop craft arent generally preferred. Though an A1 Skyraider (the Korean/Vietnam era's version of the A10-warthog) would be alot of fun

Yall dont forget. the F4-Phantom is an Fighter Interceptor.. thats it. One with a poor selection of missiles and no guns. The only thing that made it special was speed. (and only against earlier MiGs.) Compared to the other modules.. the F4 will be out of place. For me building the F4 would mean committing further resources to that era

IF we can model some more allied Korean/SEAsian era jets. and a SE Asia campaign map

A SE Asia map.. and an additional few allied planes to counter the MIGs already designed. The F111 Ardvaark, the Tornado, the A8 or even the A6. We already have the Skyhawk. So the Fighter bomber would be the smart move after the F4.

Beyond this.. the smart move, money wise, would be to start modelling jets like the the Lightening II, Rafale, Typhoon, J10, Raptor.. Thats what would bring the big money

Personally id like to see the p38 lightning or Mosquito modeled, but ww2 and prop craft arent generally preferred. Though an A1 Skyraider (the Korean/Vietnam era's version of the A10-warthog) would be alot of fun

People are after an adversary for the Mig-21 that's a little more capable than the F-5 - and the F-4 was used for strike & recon missions ( and the E has a gun ). You don't need a SE asia map to run a cold war scenario, we don't need to model Vietnam, there were plenty of other flashpoints to what-if. The Phantom also served *far* beyond Vietnam. Personally I'd rather something else because I've never heared anyone say "The F-4 was a joy to fly", but it was on the list.

Much as I like the A-4 there are some desperate limitations you can't get round without being a partner, but the Skyhawk is at least on Razbam's intentions list ( albeit an 80s Argentine one ).

You can't do F-35, Rafale, Typhoon, Raptor - you just won't get any data on them. We can't even do a Sea Harrier II which is out of service ( and someone mentioned a big nope on Tornado the other day, but I've no corroboration on that ) presumably because of forward development into modern systems.

What's an A-8? the F-8 is WIP already, I thought I saw something about an A-7 somewhere...

Mosquito is not all that far off release already.

Where my J-35 Draken boys at? We need the AJS-37's brother in arms! Imagine having either the J-35F2 from '67 or the later J-35J from '87. Either of these two options would make me a very happy man! :D

12f01adc18468a2b083ba5c734d0bd18.jpg

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Rich, i willing to bet the ED response is going to be similar. Personally, if the f4 turned out difficult to fly that might be fun. (those individual limitations are fun to me)

idk, i love the idea of the Asian Theater. The F4 phantom was a tech fighter, but its third gen. So that MiG-21 counter.. will be its only niche. Its tech, jammers sensors and weapons systems, will be bested by 90% of the other mods. Id like to see that niche filled

Beyond that, i think the F4 is not much more than Fan Service.

BUt damn.. that was an awesome era, and one not many people are familiar with.

Might be difficult to model Crusader and Corsairs (sorry i mixed those up), Tigers and Intruders and Thunderchiefs. Foxbats and Floggers.

i didnt know about the gun variant. but following ED's past (choice of less superior variants, for period and notoriety sake) we might see the gun pod option. The more i think about it, the more id like a 50-60s "campaign". Like you said, we really cant do modern fighters.

and there are plenty of expansion options. Im interested in the F111 and the Tornado like these guys too. Hell, the Aussies still fly the 2 seater aardvark (not operational). And its a countermeasures wizard. Carries the bomb load that makes it multi role too.

IF!! They Modeled the Famous F111 "DUMP AND BURN" that would be neat.

The Eurofighter is current generation. Not to mention, that may be very difficult to model without access to flight data. Might be difficult to model thrust vectoring, or RAM returns, correctly. Somethings we may never see.. Like the Nighthawk. That project started in the early 70's. but we know zip about it.

I think we are ignoring a huge area that could be exploited. Bombers.

The Eurofighter is current generation. Not to mention, that may be very difficult to model without access to flight data. Might be difficult to model thrust vectoring, or RAM returns, correctly. Somethings we may never see.. Like the Nighthawk. That project started in the early 70's. but we know zip about it.

Eurfighter thyphon dcs said it can't do it because it's classified ... ok ok that's fine, but eurofigheter can't do it completely ignore it must be a protagonist in aerial combat so I think they should at least do it in AI version.

another thing DCS has so far not been dedicated to heavy bombers and large reconnaissance planes or surveillance planes.

we do things in order we think first of the fighters and after the bombers.

missing eastern fighters south american and asian and japanese over missing 3 important european fighters so make a careful analysis, before choosing a module and give the priorities in a balanced way.

Eurofighter-Typhoon-Brimstone-Missile.jpg?resize=800%2C445&ssl=1

Edited by Xilon_x

How about Gripen C?

It's being replaced by latest E model.

Hell, even an A model would be my first day purchase.

How about Gripen C?

It's being replaced by latest E model.

Hell, even an A model would be my first day purchase.

you Swedes already have the Viggen the Gripen has been sold to Brazil lately but I think it is also classified.

also the Gripen is missing in AI version

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Xilon_x

Might be an unpopular choice but I would like to see the Eurofighter Typhoon.

It's not popular because it can't happen, not because people don't want it. Same as Gripen, Rafale, etc - classified systems ( BAES involvement seems to put a lid on things too ).

Surprised F-111 or the F-104 isn't up there with all the thunderous support they regularly receive.

The 104? good lord, you masochist :) I'd take a F-111 if they can get the kinks out of AI multicrew ( that's necessary for pretty much every strike aircraft of the era too ).

It's not popular because it can't happen, not because people don't want it. Same as Gripen, Rafale, etc - classified systems ( BAES involvement seems to put a lid on things too ).

The 104? good lord, you masochist :) I'd take a F-111 if they can get the kinks out of AI multicrew ( that's necessary for pretty much every strike aircraft of the era too ).

Sukhoi_Su-24_inflight_Mishin-2.jpg

f-111.jpeg?itok=Odfz-Adp

if it must be done f-111 and right that an Su-24 is also done to balance the forces. otherwise neither of them.

V-22 Osprey would be awesome. Troop transport, medevac, COD, more stuff to compliment the harrier off the LHA's. Would be really awesome to insert SEALs or MARSOC and then have airstrikes from Harriers and Hornets etc. Plus we really need a utility/transport aircraft in DCS.