Trains

FlyGuyF119

Making a Mission and added some train assets and not seeing them during testing, but i do see the steam coming up from where the engine would be for the train.

Edited by FlyGuyF119

V/R,

Dave "FlyGuyF119"

AG-51

MSI 990FXA-GD65, AMD FX-8370 Eight Core, DDR3 16Gb Ram, MSI GTX 970, ACER S271HL, 1TB SSD, Flight Stick and Throttles X-65F

• ED Team

Hi

can you please add your mission here so I can check it

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If the route you have given it in the editor doesn't have the path "snap" to the railroad between the waypoints, then it is an old bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Basically if the rail line is "single lane" then the trains are only able to go in one direction on the map. I wanna say it was west to east.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 3 months later...
If the route you have given it in the editor doesn't have the path "snap" to the railroad between the waypoints, then it is an old bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Basically if the rail line is "single lane" then the trains are only able to go in one direction on the map. I wanna say it was west to east.

yep, i confirm the west to east, no snap bug. Also, on the topic of trains, I added a train in the editor for the player to search, but when searching the area, multiple trains were spotted, sometimes on the same track (going same direction at least :) ) with barely a 1km separation between them.

Is it because of civilian trafic not disabled ? does this option have an impact on train too ?

Are train randomly generated on the map or is it like in the Caucasus map (long time ago) where each train had a schedule ?

otherwise, very cool ME tool to create train :thumbup:

Yep the train thing:noexpression:.

Didn't work fir a long time but I checked it the other day & low & behold they worked:surprise:. yay:yay::cheer3nc::drunk:.

I spent the rest of the afternoon blowing up trains:gun_rifle:

I'm not sure what's going on with yours.

Today with Normandy I'm getting really bad FPS between 14-35? :confused: Never had below 50FPS in the past. Running stable release

• 2 weeks later...

unable to work one, even with the path snap to the railroad, and a west to east path

can you share one for see how's it work ?

IT WORKS !

just you have to put the train on railroads, and then you should in the editor to add one par one the loco and the wagon

it works fine, from any path

Edited by zeufman