Hardware change

I am about to upgrade my PC so I can run 2.5 at a reasonable frame rate.

I own a mixture of modules, most are Starforce protected but two are Keyless.

I haven't done anything yet in terms of activation\deactivation, to be honest I don't understand the process at all, hence this thread.

What I don't want to happen is for my modules to stop working.

The hardware changes I'll be making are an extra two sticks of RAM, an SSD and a new video card. Everything else will remain the same as when I purchased the modules.

What should I do ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

During the Activation process, the copy protection system will create a hardware profile of your system and compare that to your current system each time you start the game.

If there has been a significant change to your computer, like replacing significant hardware items or changing your Operating System, you may be required to reactivate your purchase.

An activation will be required if the hardware/software changes exceed 12 points as rated below:

CPU ID: 13

Windows PID: 3

Computer Name: 3

Hard drive volume serial number: 3

MAC address: 6

RAM amount: 6

deactivations are utilized to save your activations when altering your PC hardware/software. Before conducting a PC upgrade/OS re-install, you can deactivate the product and when complete, reactivate without a loss of activations.

On your particular case, the extra ram is 6 points and the hard drive change is another 3 .. if that is all the change you are having, then you will not need to activate again.

HOWEVER, if on previous months you have for example changed the motherboard, or reinstalled windows, then the accumulated points total could easily exceed 12 points .. so, be sure about what changes has your pc accumulated since the last dcs activation you performed.

If you cant remember for sure, then I suggest that you deactivate your current star force modules previous to changing the hardware.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB