HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Cool. Although still an issue if yours is affected. Hopefully, they send one out to all of us since mine came directly from HP. :-) It appears the zip tie mod relieved me of seeing any problems. The bleeding edge of technology. lol

IMO that thick, heavy, and stiff cable is too much. They don't need that even if there is a lot of data steaming. It must be for heavy arcade use but the connector is a weak point. Then they could skip the connector (but I guess they need it for the backpack). I think they supplied that from a welding distributor. :-) It could be that flexing on the connector ruins it.

I have the zip ties like this. I could support the connection itself I guess.

Hglv7CO.jpg

Bend the cable back and zip tie it between the other two ties, but at 45 degrees. It's not perfect science, it's suck it and see. Disconnects are cable issues, flickers are power issues.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Reverb Measurements,

Hey Guys,

I can't seem to track down a good set of measurements for the Reverb. Their website states 7.9 inches wide but I don't know if that refers to the face only or total width. If anyone could let me know, reference thew pic below it would be great.

Thanks,

Miles

attachment.php?attachmentid=211393&d=1559876049

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Hey Guys,

I can't seem to track down a good set of measurements for the Reverb. Their website states 7.9 inches wide but I don't know if that refers to the face only or total width. If anyone could let me know, reference thew pic below it would be great.

Thanks,

Miles

attachment.php?attachmentid=211393&d=1559876049

According to my measurements :

W = 165 mm

D = 93 mm

H = 80 mm

A small pie is soon eaten

Btw. here is example of this issue:

VPV4YZPFS7w

Found in the net.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

It Works!!!!

Very early days yet, but....

Finally up and running. 1 hr with no flickers and no disconnects. With my revised cable mod, the cable is no longer an issue and you cannot tell it is there at all, albeit my mast and retractable dog lead is taking the weight, but you can no longer feel any stiffness when you turn the head and the cable does not catch on the headset. It almost feels like a wireless setup.

Been setting up my control preferences in the F14 mainly, but making other alterations.

Main ones are:

Steam VR: Custom resolution set to 155% - I did not think the small performance hit running 188 was worth the small increase in clarity.

DCS settings mainly high, all shadows flat only, traffic low, mirrors off, MSAA off. Once again, running 2x MSAA did not make enough of a difference to shimmers to warrant the performance hit.

Quite happy now, but still a lot of work to be done. I have to find a way to get Voicemeeter to supply my buttkicker yet. I have no idea why it is not working as before.

As for WMR, since Steam VR updated, everything seems to work much more smoothly. No janky starts and dropped cursors. I think Oculus running automatically was a big cause of those issues too.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Been setting up my control preferences in the F14 mainly, but making other alterations.

Main ones are:

Steam VR: Custom resolution set to 155% - I did not think the small performance hit running 188 was worth the small increase in clarity.

DCS settings mainly high, all shadows flat only, traffic low, mirrors off, MSAA off. Once again, running 2x MSAA did not make enough of a difference to shimmers to warrant the performance hit.

Quite happy now, but still a lot of work to be done. I have to find a way to get Voicemeeter to supply my buttkicker yet. I have no idea why it is not working as before.

Interesting how people's experiences/perceptions can be so different.

I had my Reverb @ 300% Steam SS, PD 1.0 and MSAA x2 and was getting a pretty steady 45 fps.

Personally, I find MSAA to be essential. Just do the Vegas tour IA mission or fly low over densely populated areas with MSAA on and off. Chalk and cheese, IMO.

Glad you got your cable sorted out!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have added a further mod to the cable tie trick as I was still getting the odd disconnect. Figured even with two cable ties holding the cable at the exit end, it could possibly still twist past the cable ties slightly due to the ridiculous rigidity of the cable.

So I made an inch loop and brought it back on itself, then added another cable tie so it now exits starboard rear. The loop should take care of any slight twisting that gets past the new tie and stabilise the connector further.

Got a pic ?

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Still playing around with graphics settings, but I'm really liking the much higher resolution compared to my CV1. Flew the weapons practice mission in NTTR last night, and at first I thought there was something wrong with the Mavericks. I could clearly distinguish 3 targets on the MAV screen, but the range bar wasn't coming up. That was when I looked at the TGP and saw that the point I had everything slaved to was still 15 miles away. Couldn't do that on the CV1. :D

As for the cable issues, I have noticed that mine gets pretty warm at the HMD connector, so there's definitely not a solid connection. The weight of the cable doesn't bother me though. In fact it adds to the immersion for me, since I drape it over my left shoulder. Just feels like the headset cable I'd normally have resting on my left shoulder IRL. Not crazy about the idea of tying mine off with ty-raps, since I'd rather not be connecting and disconnecting a display port cable from my $1500.00 GPU. Hopefully the shorter, higher quality display port extender cable I have coming will work and I can go back to plugging the HMD in that way. Until then, I'm unplugging the cable at the connector on the HMD.

Edited by eaglecash867

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Preventive i did the cable mod. :D Better prevent it before wierd things could happen. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Anyone compared Reverb to Rift S yet?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Got a rather large update coming in for Windows 1903, something about Microsoft holographic among other stuff. Wonder if this is the patch for the WMR blurry issues?

Well, I spent all day just about in that headset, just setting up control binds ect. Not one real glitch, no flickers and no disconnects.

Burned 10,000lbs of fuel off in the Tomcat, got hypoxia because I forgot the Oxygen...tunnel vision and everything going grey round the edges. Wondered what the hell it was at first, I thought I was about to see my third 2080TI go up in smoke.

The latest DCS patch really makes things butter smooth with the reverb, so much so I have banged the resolution back up to 180%.

Only real fly in the ointment is the WMR portal. The mouse cursor sometimes tends to still think it is confined to window after DCS is shut down and the only way to clear it is a restart.

Overall I'm happy now, I was getting worried and was seriously thinking about sending it back yesterday. Glad I persevered with it a bit longer.

Got a rather large update coming in for Windows 1903, something about Microsoft holographic among other stuff. Wonder if this is the patch for the WMR blurry issues?

Well, I spent all day just about in that headset, just setting up control binds ect. Not one real glitch, no flickers and no disconnects.]

There are many warnings not to update to 1903 as your resolution in the Reverb will cut in half.

MSI Z170A Titanium Edition mobo + 6700K CPU

32 GB G.Skill TridentZ memory 3200 MHz

Sandisk Extreme Pro 256 GB SSD

Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB M.2 SSD (3 GB/s) for DCS and +.

HP ZR24W Monitor, EVGA GTX 1080ti FE

Thrustmaster Warthog, MFG CrossWind rudder...

and Oculus Rift CV1.

Well, I spent all day just about in that headset, just setting up control binds ect. Not one real glitch, no flickers and no disconnects.]

There are many warnings not to update to 1903 as your resolution in the Reverb will cut in half.

I already have 1903.... This is an update for it. Edit....However you have given me pause. I just got everything working, so I stopped the download and am doing a full system image backup onto a removable drive.

Thanks for making me think again. Windows updates are a pain for breaking things.

Edited by Tinkickef

Anyone compared Reverb to Rift S yet?

Hey Don, No i don’t have the rift s, but when the rift s is equal to Cv1 1.5 then is the reverb a real cv1 2.0! Strange thing i would mention. I have nearly same framerate as in the cv1....and the 50 percent VR boost isn’t aint there yet! It was only a long road to get the best settings. Yeah Don just as you i come from the rift too. Look a few Posts back. It was absolutely worth it! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

After three days tweaking settings, space warping, smoothing the reverb pro! Yes, HP Reverb is KING! :D

It was a big journey if you come from the rift cv1!

Windows mixed portal, steamVR, Advanced settings openvr, WMR for steam, but the journey ended far beyond expectations. Almost Max. settings DCS and hitting 45 FPS straight with overwhelming crisp 3d DCS. WOW!!

Just the VR BOOST and i don't have to build a new rig anymore! :D

boe - can you post your settings (including how your using reprojection) as running a pretty similar setup to yours (except have the 2080ti) - getting a stable 60fps when running fw190 and spit over europe - but struggling with the f14 (getting 30-40!)……….……………...

I already have 1903.... This is an update for it. Edit....However you have given me pause. I just got everything working, so I stopped the download and am doing a full system image backup onto a removable drive.

Thanks for making me think again. Windows updates are a pain for breaking things.

The recent update to 1903 didn’t resolve the apparent resolution bug in WMR.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hey Don, No i don’t have the rift s, but when the rift s is equal to Cv1 1.5 then is the reverb a real cv1 2.0! Strange thing i would mention. I have nearly same framerate as in the cv1....and the 50 percent VR boost isn’t aint there yet! It was only a long road to get the best settings. Yeah Don just as you i come from the rift too. Look a few Posts back. It was absolutely worth it! :D

Yeah I have the same performance with the Rift S as I was getting with CV1, with much better image clarity. Which is why I am curious how it and the Reverb stack up in comparison to each other.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

boe - can you post your settings (including how your using reprojection) as running a pretty similar setup to yours (except have the 2080ti) - getting a stable 60fps when running fw190 and spit over europe - but struggling with the f14 (getting 30-40!)……….……………...

Tomorrow i post the settings. First work. In 24 hours i post it all here. :D

:thumbup:

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Also looking forward to what settings you are running :)

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hi everyone, i have purchased DCS without steam, is it possible to use hp reverb without steam? Thanks :)

You'll need steamVR, but you DON'T need DCS purchased within Steam. I run the DCS openBeta and it's fine. You just need to make sure that steamVR is running.

A small pie is soon eaten