Is Panavia Tornado still on Razbams radar?

Jaktaz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were designed with some of the same Mission types in mind

and both being designed for Low altitude high speed interdiction style missions (As well as having Anti-Ship Capability though that ability was more important for the Viggen then it was for the Tornado).

But that type of mission / doctrine (High speed low altitude) was pretty standard during the cold war.

The Viggen and Tornado has some other similarities though like making a Strike aircraft and then following it up with a Fighter/Interceptor variant.

So no the Tornado was not inspiried by the Viggen or the other way around they were just both developed to meet some of the same requirements but they did them in different ways and had different capabilities.

Leatherneck Sims are making an AI for the backseat chap for their F-14 module.

Razbam could do something similar if they felt it was warrented, if not, it'll just be like the L-39.

Which would make the Tornado useless, because it's not a trainer like the L-39 where both crewmen are pilots and can fly the aircraft. The Tornado has only one true pilot and a weapon system officer (WSO), who has no flight controls but is very busy controlling all kind of systems (navigation, comms, radar, weapons, countermeasures and more). So if you're solo and there is no AI, then you can't do much with the Tornado, unlike the L-39.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Which would make the Tornado useless, because it's not a trainer like the L-39 where both crewmen are pilots and can fly the aircraft. The Tornado has only one true pilot and a weapon system officer (WSO), who has no flight controls but is very busy controlling all kind of systems (navigation, comms, radar, weapons, countermeasures and more). So if you're solo and there is no AI, then you can't do much with the Tornado, unlike the L-39.

Well, it's only useless to you if you're solo.

If you've got someone to fly with...

Still would like to see a backseat AI for it though.

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys!!

I'm living in UK and not that far from Royal Air Force Museum, but originally from Portugal and my home is near the Portuguese Air Base one of the best we have the BA5 Monte Real, of course we use in our fleet F-16 MLU, now my two big dreams in the DCS is F-16 now become reality and the Panavia Tornado :) and I not that long a goo went to museum and I have look in the Tornado and walked around it and the one I have been looking was the one that flowed in Gulf War and was "conserved" back in 2010, this also was deployed to Nellis AFB, Nevada, USA for Exercise Red Flag 93/1, now this is Tornado F.3/F.3 (T), and I have some photos of one interesting Tornado F2A variant that was build back in 1984 and this is the only F2A variant Tornado aircraft in existence, this would be an very interesting plane to have due 1st being unique and have some of different systems on board have a look pics in the link below :book:

https://www.jetartaviation.co.uk/what-we-do/aircraft/

Front-cockpit-1.thumb.jpg.61cb97ef9e679eccdde6984df44422d1.jpg

Front-cockpit-13.thumb.jpg.f666311413d867d4b4afbcb3b7a43e3e.jpg

ZD902-prior-to-dismantling-monday-7th-Dec-4.jpg.7ca7e122f7af5104643f034e008d7f12.jpg

So hope this would be cool and detailed source for one kind of Tornado :joystick:

GIVE US!

Obvious F-16 C/D/A and B (MLU ver.)

The Tornado F3/ GR4

The EuroFighter Typhoon

Intel Core I7 6850K 6/12 core OC@4.3Ghz /Gigabyte X99 Wifi/ Corsair DDR4 3400Mhz 32Gb VENGENCE LED/ PSU Corsair RM 850 Fully Modular 80+Gold/ MSI GamingX GTX1080OC/ SSD M.2 500GB Samsung Evo970 and 1TB FireCuda SSHD HYBRID/ 24'5inch AOC75Hz Gsync Monitor 1ms/ Win10Pro 64Bit/ Cooling 4 LED 120mm Fans, CPU Cooling Corsair H80i V2. Flight equip. HOTAS COUGAR F-16 modded.:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly I think Razbam has their current plate full, they have like 3 other planes "more developed" than this. Plus they would have to develop their own "jester" or license it from HB to do it any justice. There's plenty of planes to go around, and Razbam should probably focus on single seaters IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

RAZBAM has so much other stuff to do. I hope Heatblur will make the Tornado.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

RAZBAM has so much other stuff to do. I hope Heatblur will make the Tornado.

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).