Toss-Bombing

doldi1989web.de

You usually do that with dumb bombs and not with LGBs where their ballistic loft profile gets messed up when the laser guidance kicks in.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, you don't get a higher impact speed than you do when just bombing from higher up, which is the more common method for laser guided bombs. Also, unless you try to bust bunkers that speed isn't all that important.

The advantage of toss bombing (or loft bombing) is that you can hit a target while flying low and avoiding flying over the target. The trouble is that, obviously, it is fairly hard to aim without computer assistance.

Thats the point. Loft-Bombing is clear but toss-bombing or over the shoulder bombing Is not. Why you Would do that? It’s less accurate. What benefit Is from that?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toss_bombing

I don’t get it :D

Shame that the LGBs arent capable of being dropped over the shoulder

Edited by doldi1989@web.de

Ah, my bad.

Usually the main idea behind that is that you can fly low and manage to get much farther away from your target before your bombs impact than you can with regular deliveries. Usually you might want to use that for those kinds of things that

a) pose a bit of a threat to yourself due to large area effect

b) generally do not require perfect pin-point accuracy