TM Warthog TDC

It's not a DCS problem, it's a TM Warthog hardware problem. The TDC stick on the warthog is straight garbage, this is not ED's fault and there's not really anything they can do to get it working better than it already does.

Sucks, I know, I also have a warthog that I wish I could use the TDC on, but it's not ever going to happen because there's nothing that can be done.

Check out this product, huge improvement to the Warthog: https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

In your response you state "better than it already does" but it does absolutely nothing. And, I'm not a programmer but it works in other game so did I set it up incorrectly?

Edited by Animal451

ASUS Strix Z370-E, i7 8700k @ 5 GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 MHz, Corsair H100i, WD 1TB SSD

Are you assigning it correctly under the axis slew options?

It does work... Like crap... Because TM, not ED...

My work around is to re-assign the TM the side 4 way hat (depressable) to be the TDC switch. This works pretty well with all planes.

My delta-sim kit is inbound as we speak.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Like BuzzU, I'm not sure what the issue is here. Works absolutely fine for me.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

My work around is to re-assign the TM the side 4 way hat (depressable) to be the TDC switch. This works pretty well with all planes.

I'm using "TMS UP" as my TDC Depress for the same reason. Ministick depress works fine as RAID/FLIR FOV but refuses to function if the stick is simultaneously moving on its axis.

A DeltaSim upgrade is on my list now that I've got a system to do DCS justice. Oh, and a replacement WH throttle pinky swtich as mine has just decided to crap-out on one position.... :cry:

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

I also have the warthog and it works great for me. Make sure you see the diamond up in the right corner for the screen you want to slew around in. I use the sensor select switch next to the tdc to switch between the atk rdr and sa screens. The sensor select switch is multi function so make sure you do not have a target acquired when trying to switch screens. When target is acquired the sensor will switch between bore modes and a quick tap to the right will lock your current target to stt if the radar has ltws selected.

• 1 month later...
It's not a DCS problem, it's a TM Warthog hardware problem. The TDC stick on the warthog is straight garbage, this is not ED's fault and there's not really anything they can do to get it working better than it already does.

Sucks, I know, I also have a warthog that I wish I could use the TDC on, but it's not ever going to happen because there's nothing that can be done.

Check out this product, huge improvement to the Warthog: https://deltasimelectronics.com/products/thumbstick-slew-sensor-adapter

Absolute Bullsht,

It cannot be a hw problem, the tdc cursor works in every other game, as well in the a10 module, only in fa18 i cant use ist.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

I have hundreds of hours o the DCS A-10C with the TM WH HOTAS, and I agree with those who say that the ministick on the throttle is garbage. But I have learned to work with it in the A-10C. And I have learned to work with it in the F/A-18C. It works equally badly or well on both aircrafts. For the TDC depress I use the Master Mode button on the TM WH grip.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5